Excitement Of The Week – Really NOT Funny

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Question... Other than it being legal in many states, why would a person want to OPEN CARRY?

I realize it is an 'in your face' statement that some want to make, but after much debate with friends here in Michigan and in Pennsylvania,
all it does is create tension and distrust of the person showing his firearm. In some cases I think it would even create more danger for you.
Obtain a Legal CPL and don't show the firearm.

andy (ajb)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Question... Other than it being legal in many states, why would a person want to OPEN CARRY?

I realize it is an 'in your face' statement that some want to make, but after much debate with friends here in Michigan and in Pennsylvania,
all it does is create tension and distrust of the person showing his firearm. In some cases I think it would even create more danger for you.
Obtain a Legal CPL and don't show the firearm.

andy (ajb)

+1

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Proponents would argue they open carry for the same reason police do-quick access. I've never done it except when I've gone to the more remote areas of Alaska. My concern there is of the 4 legged variety.