Evans Waterless Coolant

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Has anyone tried this in their GT or other vehicles?

AJK

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Perfect timing, I am taking my GT to the GT Guys tomorrow and was going to have the radiators flushed. I have used Evens in my other cars with good results but had not thought about putting it in the GT. Have not had heating problems, even on the track with a bra on (and I mean a bra on the car so no comments reom the jokesters), but anything to keep it cooler is GOOD.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Evans coolant will NOT keep te car cooler. Actually the opposite is true. It does prevent boilover up to much higher temps and does not require the system to be pressurized for boil over protection. However the GT cooling system does need the pressure to prevent the water pump from cavitation because of the long coolant piping to the front of the car.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
From their website: " •Evans Waterless Coolant’s high boiling point eliminates pump impeller cavitation. It remains a liquid under conditions where water would boil. "

" Q. What is pump cavitation and how can it occur?

A. Action of the coolant pump creates a low pressure area at the pump inlet. Pump cavitation occurs when coolant near its boiling point encounters the low pressure area and flash vaporises (creates steam) within the pump. The gas pocket in the pump causes the pump to stop functioning and coolant circulation to stop. Coolant pump cavitation leads directly to catastrophic cooling system failure with the coolant being expelled from the system as steam pressure exceeds the pressure relief setting of the cap. "

AJK

Last edited: