Ergonomics

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
JC, I returned to the Mac website, and I don't see a changer offered anymore, as you stated. I have the file saved on another computer with the info. Which I will PM you later in the week. There is NO optical connector on our radios, only RCA plugs.

Thanks for the info.

John

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
So Randy, where did you find the one you have on? I'd like to give it a try.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
So Randy, where did you find the one you have on? I'd like to give it a try.

Yikes, it was a while back and I don't recall exactly. But it was either Super Autobacs, Pep Boys, Walmart, or Target...

I had bought about 3 different ones. The circular mirrors didn't look too good on the GT mirror shape, I liked the rectangular one, and it also works well, in addition to being less offensive than the others. Some of the reflective surfaces are cheezy and distorted. This one is pretty good.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I assume the other thread answered your question. FWIW here is a shot from rally 1 from Saleen at the back of a Mac head unit, you have to look carefully at the harness you can see the RCA's taped to the harness. No changer control etc.....

Someone posted on the site that this was MX406 as stated on the McIntosh web site. The spec on the McIntosh site states that it has a fiber optic input for a cd changer, but so far I can't get this confirmed. Do you know if there are any other inputs other than the RCA input?

John

Attachments

• GT Mac Small.jpg
    GT Mac Small.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 131

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks specracer this is what I was concerned about. It looks like a deadend.

John

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Doesn't the switch menu only give 3 options: (AM/FM)/CD/AUX? - implying 3 input functions.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Doesn't the switch menu only give 3 options: (AM/FM)/CD/AUX? - implying 3 input functions.

On several of the decks I've had the cd changer is part of the cd function. But, it appears it really doesn't matter since there isn't a cd cable. :thumbsdow

John

I should mentioned that I called McIntosh and spoke with someone representing the car audio section. They didn't even know that they produced the deck. I was given a email address inside McIntosh to see if I could get any info. I'm not holding out much hope though.

Well I got the reply from McIntosh on our head unit. Appears it was a special and that it was spec without a cd changer. So, unless you buy the MX406 forget it. I'm not planning on doing that so I think I'm going to try an accomplish some of my other goals.

John

Last edited:

2006GT

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Tried and proven mirror adjustment strategy

The instructions given on the website are consistent with the design intent of the mirror system (inside rearview and two outside rearviews). Correctly adjusted, the inside mirror reflects the rear portion of the side of a passing vehicle as the image of the front of the vehicle appears in the side mirror. Sort of like a relay where the inside mirror hands off to a side mirror, with some overlap where the vehicle is visible simultaneously in both mirrors. The passenger outside mirror provides more overlap than the driver side. No "blind spot" when both outside mirrors are properly set. I've been driving for 40 years also, but discovered this mirror adjustment strategy only 5 or 6 years ago. The strategy invites one to trust the view in the mirrors -- very little head turning required to look front and at either side mirror before changing lanes.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
If you're interested in updating the audio head unit here's the string that covers it for a JVC unit with a navigation system, Bluetooth, etc.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5294&highlight=audio

This head unit isn't the latest thing anymore so there might be a "more advanced" option by now, but for my needs it more than meets them.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
If you're interested in updating the audio head unit here's the string that covers it for a JVC unit with a navigation system, Bluetooth, etc.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5294&highlight=audio

This head unit isn't the latest thing anymore so there might be a "more advanced" option by now, but for my needs it more than meets them.

Thanks, I saw that and was wondering how the hard drive was holding up on these?

John