Engine Vents next to Heated rear glass

Whippleboy

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2013
London UK
Hi Mark it looks lovely that technocrat surround but wow what a price !

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Whippleboy keep us posted on what you decide to do!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Hi Mark it looks lovely that technocrat surround but wow what a price !
I know, but the quality is really excellent, and there aren't many options for those pieces.
Mark

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Another item to check, the six panel screws that hold these side panel bezels in place from under the engine cover loosen up and drop off to oblivion. The bezel will then vibrate more and break off the little positioning tabs. I replaced six of the missing screws and the bezels are nicely locked into position. Make sure the new panel screws are not longer than the originals with their washers.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I got (irreplaceable) defrost vents 3D printed and they came out perfect through the GTGuy(s)...so maybe someone can do these side vents using the same technology/materials.

Does anyone know where to get the rear vents and side covers OEM or aftermarket. Any help would be appreciated.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Petunia has them both from billet. Not cheap but well worth it. There are other threads here on the Forum about it.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Does anyone know where to get the rear vents and side covers OEM or aftermarket. Any help would be appreciated.
Here are @pe2unia 's billet top vents: https://www.fordgtbilletparts.com/billet-top-vents

... and side vents: https://www.fordgtbilletparts.com/billet-side-vents

The page for the tops says "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK Coming soon ... should be available June 1, 2022." ... so hopefully soon.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Billet vents are way to go and have GT Guy powder coat them.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yes. Lots of us replaced those vents next to glass with the billet one's from Petunia. The OEM part warped or cracked on many of the cars. Billet is the way to go when you can find them.

I'm getting a bit confused. As far as I know, the vents directly next to the rear window (No. 2, "rear window vents" on the figure included in message #7) are not and never have been available in billet. The top vents, and the side vents next to the top vents, have been, and I have those. If there is a source for the #2 vents next to the window, I'd sure like to know about it.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'm getting a bit confused. As far as I know, the vents directly next to the rear window (No. 2, "rear window vents" on the figure included in message #7) are not and never have been available in billet. The top vents, and the side vents next to the top vents, have been, and I have those. If there is a source for the #2 vents next to the window, I'd sure like to know about it.
The vents pe2unia makes in billet are below. He calls the middle pair "Top Vents" and the outer pair "Side Vents".
Clam shell engine vents.png

The vents pe2unia makes in billet are below. He calls the middle pair "Top Vents" and the outer pair "Side Vents".
View attachment 66352
That's what I thought, but a better definition of terms helps! I wish someone would make the #2 vents next to the window. I realize they are quite a bit more complex than the simple billet ones and would be more difficult to make. Mine are warping and are now sort of wavy.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Prime candidate for 3D printing. Unfortunately I don’t have one.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Mine got warped due to the Arizona heat last month. Need to get them replaced. Literally all the plastic vents in my clamshell are now warped. I have decided that i will never drive this car again when the temperature is above 100 degrees. When i get home from driving now i open the clamshell until the next day to let the heat out.

Last edited:
Reactions: FGT899 and dshears

Tomcat

GT Owner
When i get home from driving now i open the clamshell until the next day to let the heat out.
I try to do this EVERY time I drive/stop (even for gas). The GTGuys single point latch handle helps facilitate this!