Engine oil

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
I am finally ready to change the oil on my 06 GT. Are most of you guys using what is recommended in the owners manual or is there other options more suitable like Mobil 1 ? Also what's your thoughts and or part numbers for the oil filter? Jan. PS how do you like my coffee table?
HPIM0495.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Use the Motorcraft 5-50 synth. That's what's recommended. Why use anything else?

Oil filter: Mann HU 925/4x (That's what Ford's Motorcraft filter actually is.)

Last edited:
H

HHGT

I am finally ready to change the oil on my 06 GT. Are most of you guys using what is recommended in the owners manual or is there other options more suitable like Mobil 1 ? Also what's your thoughts and or part numbers for the oil filter? Jan. PS how do you like my coffee table?
HPIM0495.jpg

How did you drive your car in the house and where did you get a carpet big enough:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy

Oh yeah, what Empty said:thumbsup

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Since your title is still spectator I'm guessing the coffee table is your GT. I don't think they need an oil change.

In case you have a full size version watch out where you obtain the mann filter. I ordered a case on the internet that had flow problems as in zero oil pressure at idle. I'm lucky that the motor was only on a couple of seconds. I pulled the filter, put in a real one, problem solved.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
JAN,
If you register on the registry above, I will change you status to owner.
There is plenty of advise on oil changes plus the priming procedure on this forum, the search button is your buddy:)
Welcome to the forum, what state are you in?
Cheers,
daniel

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
I am an owner of a yellow 06 but how do I change from spectator to owner? I have went to profile and am not seeing this option. Jan.

BOSS429316.jpg

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I am an owner of a yellow 06 but how do I change from spectator to owner? I have went to profile and am not seeing this option. Jan.

BOSS429316.jpg

Bony can do that for you.

Hmmmmm. 5 cars ... 3 car garage... we can all identify!

How do YOU accomodate 'em all. (Hoists? Or 'nuther garage "out back"?) :willy

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
You won't be able to find Mobil 1 in 5-50 weight (at least in the USA), Castrol does carry 5-50, buy why not just use Motorcraft. As far as the oil filter, Mann Filters makes them for Ford and others, Mann lists it for about $9, Ford lists it for about $38 :rofl, BTW, same oil flter as BMW 330, HU9254 from the Ford Motorcraft box

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
AS Bony said, there are extensive discussions (some with actual oil analysis) here in the old posts. Do a search. Ford oil is specially formulated to meet our needs. Others will probably work, but at upwards of $37K for a new engine, especially during warranty, why take a chance.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Hmmmmm. 5 cars ... 3 car garage... we can all identify!

How do YOU accomodate 'em all. (Hoists? Or 'nuther garage "out back"?) :willy

How about another house ? :willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Fixed your status Jan. Glad to see the password worked. Nice table :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How about another house ? :willy

Kuz 'nuthur GARAGE makes more sense! :tongue

What say you, Jan?

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
Your right there just isn't enough room for 5 cars in a 3 car garage. I have another shop to work in along with storing a few other cars and trailer. I have found more times than one that any size garage you built is never big enough. I am a hard core Ford guy with a need for speed. My wife is sending her GT500 to Vegas for the super snake upgrade. I don't like it but her tags already say I EAT GT. I hope she doesn't get into trouble with a small Mustang pumping out 725 hp.
I have a copy of the Ford GT maintenance DVD that spells out the oil change procedure. We operate an auto body shop so this shouldn't be a problem for me. Thanks for making me feel welcome, I really appreciate it and am always glad to help others also. Jan.