Engine Detailing Tip

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Found these meat containers fit perfectly over the inlets to the airbox. With a little trimming, the clam will close so you can wash the outside without worrying about getting water in there. Just don't forget to remove them.:biggrin

CIMG0255.jpgCIMG0253.jpgCIMG0254.jpg

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
haha! I usually stick with two microfiber towels per inlet but that right there is creative :lol

H

HHGT

Do they come in Turkey & Ham?

Great idea.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If the clamshell is closed then water will not get to the air filters. Rain can enter the clamshell ducts, but there is a J channel there to divert most if not all of the water before it gets to the filter housing. Any water that can make is pass that will just come out the bottom of the housing through small drain holes.

Ford does think about these things when designing the cars.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
With some of the other products I've seen that are "unique" to the GT you could have these stamped "GT" and market them for $49.95. Just keep the meat for yourself. Win, win.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
That's a very pretty Stillen exhaust!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
"Do they come in Turkey & Ham?"
Yep. Several meats, flavors, and thicknesses. We are overrun with them since our kids love em. Great also for holding fasteners and stuff... like tupperware, dishwasher safe.

"If the clamshell is closed then water will not get to the air filters. Rain can enter the clamshell ducts, but there is a J channel there to divert most if not all of the water before it gets to the filter housing. Any water that can make is pass that will just come out the bottom of the housing through small drain holes.
Ford does think about these things when designing the cars."

No doubt. But... it seems silly to run even a little rinse water through your airbox.

"With some of the other products I've seen that are "unique" to the GT you could have these stamped "GT" and market them for $49.95. Just keep the meat for yourself. Win, win."
Great idea. I've got them for the low price of $39.95, pm for details.:lol

CIMG0256.jpg

"That's a very pretty Stillen exhaust!"
I'm loving it. Got a great deal from a forum member. Never thought it could be possible, but I get more attention now (due to the sweet sound). Thanks Rob!

H

HHGT

"With some of the other products I've seen that are "unique" to the GT you could have these stamped "GT" and market them for $49.95. Just keep the meat for yourself. Win, win."

View attachment 20348

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

View attachment 20348

Am I too late to order two from the first batch? Do you take paypal? PM Sent!
:lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
As I recall, any water that would get to the air inlet box comes in to the bottom of the box, in which there are drain holes. To get to the filters, it would have to get sucked up from the bottom of the box. What little might be there would be vaporized by the time it gets to the SC, and as I recall, water vapor will improve the performance of most engines.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
"Great idea. I've got them for the low price of $39.95, pm for details.:lol

View attachment 20348

You worry about production. I will handle the marketing.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
This thread makes me hungry.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Saran wrap and a rubber band would work too. :lol

Any who choose to use that suggestion can just send me $1.95.

We'll use the "honor system".

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

But our "highly engineered GT specific system" is re-usable making it "Green". We here at "insert techy green name here" want to save our environment and are highly concerned with the toxic effects of improper repeated disposal of single use materials.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But our "highly engineered GT specific system" is re-usable making it "Green". We here at "insert techy green name here" want to save our environment and are highly concerned with the toxic effects of improper repeated disposal of single use materials.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, but my Saran Wrap system IS re-usable, Your Wrongness. Simply remove it after use and store it on a handy shelf somewhere. And it would take up less storage space than your system, too. Besides, MY system would seal completely and therefore would be 100% waterproof. 'Same can't be said for YOUR Mickey Mouse lash up.

...and one would hafta be careful not to knock YOUR system off the inlets with a wrongly aimed stream of water as well.:tongue

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
This thread makes me hungry.

Funny thread, plus made me hungry too!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, but my Saran Wrap system IS re-usable, Your Wrongness. Simply remove it after use and store it on a handy shelf somewhere. And it would take up less storage space than your system, too. Besides, MY system would seal completely and therefore would be 100% waterproof. 'Same can't be said for YOUR Mickey Mouse lash up.

...and one would hafta be careful not to knock YOUR system off the inlets with a wrongly aimed stream of water as well.:tongue

Ahhh, but......while not as "green as other techniques, the prodigious use of emptied liquor containers would make the detailing job much more pleasant, though less accurate....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ahhh, but......while not as "green as other techniques, the prodigious use of emptied liquor containers would make the detailing job much more pleasant, though less accurate....

:skep Documentation...? :skep

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Just a single re-usable container required, now that is green. Think I'll do some environment saving today.:cheers

CIMG0257.jpg

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Can't we just paint it green and call it good? :biggrin