Emergency Battery Help

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Thank you FBA and Blackice. This really gives me releif again. The charger I had bout has a Voltmeter and was showing 12.5-13 almost all the time. Fingers crossed all will be good. If y'all are gonna be at the rally, please see me for a drink or two or 3 and let me tell you about my day and how this whole battery thing almost ruined my like not to mention killed my back in the process. You will not beleive what I went through. Im embarassed to to post it but you will laugh your pants off. :) Drinks on me for this...

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thank you FBA and Blackice. This really gives me releif again. The charger I had bout has a Voltmeter and was showing 12.5-13 almost all the time. Fingers crossed all will be good. If y'all are gonna be at the rally, please see me for a drink or two or 3 and let me tell you about my day and how this whole battery thing almost ruined my like not to mention killed my back in the process. You will not beleive what I went through. Im embarassed to to post it but you will laugh your pants off. :) Drinks on me for this...

I believe I few othro docs will be at the rally to help you recover.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I won't be there, so you have my drinks! I don't think you have much to worry about...just enjoy!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Blinking red indicates the tender is not connected properly. Solid red is charging. Just changed mine out and was concerned after overnight tender that the light was still red. Drove to Lime Rock Racetrack and back and then connected to the tender. Next morning it was green. Guess it needed a good drive to finish the charging
Stu

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I have only used the C-Tek chargers in the past few years. Other chargers I have used have had issues and some have even toasted some of my batteries. I never use anything to day but the Ctek and Bosch chargers (which look suspiciously like the C-tek). I don't trust any other battery tender to be honest...

You know right away on connection whether your battery is toast or not when you connect them to a C-Tek.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have used Battery Tender with no ill effects, but am currently using the Save-A-Battery brand charger, maintainer and tester with good results and more information.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
FYI, original batteries are black, not red, special for the GT. Replacements are red from Ford.