Electrical problem?

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I ran into one of our GT owners last night, and he asked if I'd post about a problem he's having with his GT...

The horn sound that you get from using the key fob isn't working, and the door ajar light stays on even when both doors, the trunk, and the clam shell are shut tight.

Has anyone else experienced this as well? Can any of the AZ owners recommend a dealer/shop/person with experience working on GTs to get this fixed?

Thanks,
Mary Jo

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Mary Jo,

I use ADS on Chandler Blvd at Priest. They are really good and honest. I take the GT, the Rolls, The Pantera, the Maseratis and both mustangs to them. They also do most of Ron Pratts work.

Nathan

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
MJ

Odds are something is still open..... probably the front trunk

Its fooled me and others before......have him quadruple check that before he lets someone meddle with the GT

GT Charlie

Jun 23, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
It sounds like an incorrect door ajar switch input to the smart junction box. Can easily be identified what switch is at fault with the Ford IDS diagnostic tool. The concern needs to be present when checked. The concern will not leave a fault code.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also hit the arm button on the key fob twice quickly, if something is open, you will get a double "beep" if the horn is working. Again if something is ajar, and you only hit the arm button once, you will only get a the parking light blink, and no sound.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Chris & Specracer, I think what you both wrote is what happened. It makes sense & I asked the guy to double check all the doors, trunk, & clamshell. That would explain the lack of "beep" from the key fob also...

Thanks!

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Also hit the arm button on the key fob twice quickly, if something is open, you will get a double "beep" if the horn is working. Again if something is ajar, and you only hit the arm button once, you will only get a the parking light blink, and no sound.

Just tried mine...hit lock button once, get beep and flashing lights. Hit lock twice quickly, fist hit gives beep and flashing lights, second gives horn and flashing lights. Hit unlock once and get beep plus flashing lights.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Correct, now leave something open, and hit twice, you will get the double horn beep.

Just tried mine...hit lock button once, get beep and flashing lights. Hit lock twice quickly, fist hit gives beep and flashing lights, second gives horn and flashing lights. Hit unlock once and get beep plus flashing lights.