Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: 93extxdps

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
To add to the new owner’s comfort level and satisfaction, I am doing a pre-sale service, fluid changes, and multi-point inspection.

Getting supplies ready.

Ford GT Pre sale service and inspection  1.jpg

We have the Ford Motorcraft engine oil, Motorcraft transaxle oil, Motorcraft undiluted gold coolant and distilled water to mix with it. Have new engine oil filter, fuel filter, air filters, and brake/clutch fluid. I have new lift struts for the rear hatch/engine cover.

Also as a nice perk for the new owner, I am installing drain valves with hose nipples on them, in place of the drain plugs in the dry sump oil tank and the engine oil pan. So you can remove the safety clip and just open the valve after you slip a hose on the valve and drain the oil into your drain pan without getting your hands dirty or spilling oil. Very nice upgrade!

Ford GT Presale service and inspection  2.jpg

Ford GT Presale service 3.jpg

Ford GT Pre sale service  4.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,
Eddie

Last edited:

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Although it has not quite been a thousand miles yet, since the GT guy, Rich Brooks, did a full service on my GT, I have now, as of August 2019, done the following:

Changed the engine oil and filter and installed drain valves with hose nipples on them to make future oil changes much easier and cleaner. See pictures of the new valves.

Changed the transaxle lubricant (while the drain plug/filter was out, I took a picture of it to show how clean it was/is).

Installed new engine air filters ( the ones that came out don’t look used, see pictures).

Installed new fuel filter.

Checked engine coolant level and strength. See pictures - looks like new - can easily see the bottom of the tank through the fluid.

Checked intercooler system fluid level and strength. See pictures - can’t tell by looking that the fluid has been used.

Inspected brake pads, rotors, hoses and parking brake system (see pictures, where you should be able to tell just by looking, that the car has never had a high speed/hard stop).

Inspected steering linkage, suspension, shocks, and ball joints (see pictures, all like new).

Verified operation of all interior and exterior lights.

Inspected tires for wear and correct air pressure (see pictures and separate note about these original tires – these originals are the only ones that have ever been on the car)

Inspected lap and shoulder belts and latches, all like new. Inspected power steering fluid level and condition, all good.

Verified operation of all safety warning lamps (brake, ABS, air bag, safety belt).

Both driver and passenger air bag recalls done by Ford. They made a house call to do it, and did it here at my shop - pretty cool!

Battery connections good, and battery load-checked excellent. The battery is labeled Ford GT.

All hinges, latches, and outside locks inspected, lubed, and working correctly.

The door weather stripping lubed and protected with 303 Aerospace protectant, no visible wear or signs of aging.

Thanks for looking,

20190718_155109.jpg

20190718_161506.jpg

20190717_161536_001.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Eddie

Reactions: Ed Sims

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Eddie, who makes the drain valves? I've seen those before on the forum and I'd like to pick a few up too. Thanks!

BTW, the GT looks awesome!

Reactions: steved57

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Fumoto Valves. Highly recommended.

Reactions: GTMD

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
(Ed McMahon voice) You are correct, sir.

Fumotousa.com 1-800-918-3406.

If I recall correctly, I believe these are F107N, which I think is M12-1.75, but verify this for your application before ordering, because I ordered several different sizes for different vehicles.

Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: steved57 and GTMD

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Fumoto Valves. Highly recommended.
(Ed McMahon voice) You are correct, sir.

Fumotousa.com 1-800-918-3406.

If I recall correctly, I believe these are F107N, which I think is M12-1.75, but verify this for your application before ordering, because I ordered several different sizes for different vehicles.

Cheers,

Eddie

Terrific! Thank you gentlemen!

I also just looked up our application on their website and it is coming up as F106N in M14-1.5. Can anybody verify what size we have on the drain plugs and oil reservoir?

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Terrific! Thank you gentlemen!

I also just looked up our application on their website and it is coming up as F106N in M14-1.5. Can anybody verify what size we have on the drain plugs and oil reservoir?

M12 X 1.75. I got Stahlbus, because of the drain tube. You really only need the one on the oil reservoir to keep from making a mess. The pan plugs are a straight shot to your drain pan/tank. No mess.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXATSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: GTMD

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
M12 X 1.75. I got Stahlbus, because of the drain tube. You really only need the one on the oil reservoir to keep from making a mess. The pan plugs are a straight shot to your drain pan/tank. No mess.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXATSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thx This is what I have been looking for. FourFather....sorry for the off topic response.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Great, thanks everybody.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Took some pictures while doing the servicing and fluid changes-
Left front A arm
20190718_115505.jpg

Right front A arm
20190718_130315.jpg

Inside of rear section belly pan
Belly pan rear  inside.jpg

Bottom of diffuser. The Rejex coating repels contaminants and makes cleanups much easier.
Diffuser  1.jpg

Bottom of the diffuser.
Diffuser  2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Eddie

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Close up of a good looking rear-

2019-07-19 19.14.38.jpg

2019-07-19 19.13.29.jpg

2019-07-19 19.11.15.jpg

2019-07-19 19.10.03.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Eddie

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm truly astonished you still have that car, Eddie.
'Dead serious.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

A couple years ago mint 5000 mile Heritage GT's were selling north of 400k but it appears at least for now those days are over. I know it sucks and owners hate it when selling prices decline but it is what it is. Two beautiful Heritage GT's with a zillion views coast to coast on Bring A Trailer have been auctioned in the last month. One with 5000 miles and one with 4000 miles. Both were pristine cars. They were bid to $310,000 and $325,000 respectively. Neither GT sold with reserves not met. There are a couple super low mile Heritage GT's that have been sitting in showrooms here in Scottsdale FOR OVER A YEAR with 400k price tags. This car has been advertised here for 10 months now at 400+k. If that was the money some of these cars would sell but they are not selling for 400k. If a nationwide audience (including several members of this Forum) on a well known site will not even bid 330k for a 4000 mile Heritage then that is closer to the real money today. Shoot the messenger if you like but I don't make the market. Eddie's GT is a fantastic car and he's a fastidious and noteworthy owner but the marketplace has spoken clearly over the last year and 400k is not a realistic price for a 5000 mile modified Heritage.

Chip

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think everything has cooled off at the moment.

Well, maybe not first generation Broncos.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Umm.

Attachments

• DB5FC144-70F4-4619-AEF9-CF6D0F49A0BE.jpeg
    DB5FC144-70F4-4619-AEF9-CF6D0F49A0BE.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 12

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Gentlemen,

A couple years ago mint 5000 mile Heritage GT's were selling north of 400k but it appears at least for now those days are over. I know it sucks and owners hate it when selling prices decline but it is what it is. Two beautiful Heritage GT's with a zillion views coast to coast on Bring A Trailer have been auctioned in the last month. One with 5000 miles and one with 4000 miles. Both were pristine cars. They were bid to $310,000 and $325,000 respectively. Neither GT sold with reserves not met. There are a couple super low mile Heritage GT's that have been sitting in showrooms here in Scottsdale FOR OVER A YEAR with 400k price tags. This car has been advertised here for 10 months now at 400+k. If that was the money some of these cars would sell but they are not selling for 400k. If a nationwide audience (including several members of this Forum) on a well known site will not even bid 330k for a 4000 mile Heritage then that is closer to the real money today. Shoot the messenger if you like but I don't make the market. Eddie's GT is a fantastic car and he's a fastidious and noteworthy owner but the marketplace has spoken clearly over the last year and 400k is not a realistic price for a 5000 mile modified Heritage.

Chip

As I like to say, "Sometimes I love reality. Sometimes I hate reality. But there's one approach I never take with reality: denial."

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Chip, thank you for your candid and thoughtful post. I am lowering my asking price again today, and will continue to drop it, until it sells.

(Shameless plug)
I have sold fourteen of my own personal Corvettes through the years, and twenty nine Ariel Atoms, several of them used, without ever a single complaint, and I have had several buyers go out of their way to write or call me after their purchase, and tell me the car was better than advertised or expected.

And I have the Better Business Bureau highest rating of A+ at my www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com, my business of fifty three years so far, and counting.
(End of Shameless plug)

I am thinking about having a new open wheel race car built for me, and so I’m now a little more anxious to sell my Heritage, and will listen to an offer.

Cheers,

Eddie

2019-07-25 20.06.33.jpg

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
I'm truly astonished you still have that car, Eddie.
'Dead serious.
Me, too, Pockets. But when someone DOES get off their wallet, they are going to get an an awfully nice ride.

Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: THamonGT