Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Great article! How is almost double the stock hp possible with only 10 psi boost?

If that is accurate, my mind is officially blown.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Auto Line Detroit episode that I think "Cobrar" posted, the Ford team on the panel commented that 70% of the DP race engine, were stock 3.5 SHO EB parts. Pretty amazing.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Agree. Great article and thanks for posting KCMBOSS.

One day, I will see this car up close and personal. One day, I will hear this car. One day, I will drive this car. One day, I will own this car. One day, I will realize that one (or perhaps two) of these four events is not going to happen....

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Agree. Great article and thanks for posting KCMBOSS.

One day, I will see this car up close and personal. One day, I will hear this car. One day, I will drive this car. One day, I will own this car. One day, I will realize that one (or perhaps two) of these four events is not going to happen....

Now that's funny!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The Auto Line Detroit episode that I think "Cobrar" posted, the Ford team on the panel commented that 70% of the DP race engine, were stock 3.5 SHO EB parts. Pretty amazing.

I did. Also talking to a race engineer, a good 'chunk' (engineering term) of that remaining 30% of content, is related to unique intake and exhaust components.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Wow, that is very impressive. One thing however, you certainly can make that HP by increasing the boost to make those numbers with race fuel which is what all those high numbers are tested on. How high can you push the boost on pump gas? Still pretty impressive with a 213ci engine.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Will be interesting to see how all the engine plumbing holds up tp years of street use.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Very interesting. There were 3 DP's at the track (WGI) last week,..2 Corvette and one Ford. They were beyond fast.