eBay crashed GT sale

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
“Wrapped around a tree” is a pretty apt description. Surprisingly, the headlights and rear glass aren’t smashed! I wouldn’t even count on the engine and transmission not being damaged by that impact.

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
PA windshield inspection date of 9/14 indicates the "2nd" 10/13 accident is was not the last.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
PA windshield inspection date of 9/14 indicates the "2nd" 10/13 accident is was not the last.

Probably expiration date.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Notice he was on Goodyear eagles? Probably old ones !

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
45K and counting.... crazy probably go close to 100K, can there be that many parts left on it to break even. hard to believe.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
45K and counting.... crazy probably go close to 100K, can there be that many parts left on it to break even. hard to believe.

It's not gonna be free that's for sure :D

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Or visions of buying one of those spare parts chassis and rebuilding it. Anyone record the VIN? Might be worth copying and quoting it here so the history of the VIN shows up on a google search down the line.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Or visions of buying one of those spare parts chassis and rebuilding it. Anyone record the VIN? Might be worth copying and quoting it here so the history of the VIN shows up on a google search down the line.

I have the vin recorded. This car would need a lot of parts being it sat out side for 7-8 years...There is some good stuff on the car but there is a ton of weathered stuff there also..

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Now it's recorded here (y) 1FAFP90S76Y400195

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Auction removed from eBay... really wanted to see final price

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Auction removed from eBay... really wanted to see final price

they sold it off eBay. Something was fishy IMO after talking to them before and after

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Assuming this is the car from the original post, shocking that the ask is $336k on that…..you could buy a non wrecked one for that or less.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
All parts needed were Replaced with ford parts. The GT has a CLEAN PENNSYLVANIA TITLE ONE OWNER. We are the worlds largest builder of ford GTs with 8 in Inventory currently only 2 for sale.
Where did you find Ford parts for a Pewter car?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
All parts needed were Replaced with ford parts. The GT has a CLEAN PENNSYLVANIA TITLE ONE OWNER. We are the worlds largest builder of ford GTs with 8 in Inventory currently only 2 for sale.
Where did you find Ford parts for a Pewter car?
He's a collector of them, also buys, sells and fixes wrecked GT's. They have built a bunch of wrecked GT's but pretty hard to claim worlds largest builder of Ford GT's when there are about 4-5 of us doing it. I would assume he means he put brand new nos parts on the car. Not new parts in color. Btw this car sold for about 85K as I was bidding on it also and trying to buy it outside of ebay. It sat outside for 7 years or more and i wish i would of saved pics of how it sat.. At the current moment I am probably building the most out of anyone for wrecked GT's as I have 8 here now and only two are my personal cars.

Reactions: GT@50

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
How can it have a CLEAN PENNSYLVANIA TITLE? Shouldn't it be a salvage title?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Seems unlikely since we now know about what was paid for it. But insurance companies do make mistakes in judgment.

Last year, a teen T-boned my daily driver. It was worth about $12k at the time. The insurance company wanted to fix it which the Ford dealer thought was crazy. They spent $16,500 on the repair, 3 months of rental car, $3,500 in diminished value….and I traded it in a year later for $9,000. I would have been thrilled getting $12,000 and probably accepted $10,000.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY

I assume the original owner never filed a claim with the insurance company, and therefore retained their "clean" title.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
No insurance on it when accident happened most likely.. I'm building two gt's that were destroyed (both new chassis rebuilds).. One the owner decided to not make the claim and eat the loss.. About 275K loss being I paid 76k for the car in 2021 (5000 mile car) and the second guy was self insured (paid 30k for that car in 2020) Both only carfax with minor accidents. I'm not hiding the repairs tho. Both cars were ruined, one split in half but needed less parts than the car hit in the rear. Split in half car was impressive on how nicely it split..

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Salvage happens when the cost to repair is above a threshold (say 1/2 the current value, but it can vary depending on other conditions like air bags deployed). If it wasn't totaled, then the owner could have taken the settlement (knowing it wasn't enough) and pocketed the cash. It can turn on you. My daughter had hail damage to her car but didn't get the repairs (took at as a "diminished value".) Insurance company asked for evidence of repair and since there wasn't any dropped her... It was the AAA company.