Early Vin #

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
There is a yellow GT on Ebay with a Vin number of 128.

Are there any concerns with such a low Vin #?

Any help from experts would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Wil

H

HHGT

Speedy Sleeve was the big concern at the time, but not now. They have all held up. Just get a PPI done

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That car looks real clean, Crazy Cuban. Good luck!

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
That car looks real clean, Crazy Cuban. Good luck!

I have number 149. No issues. Definitely do a ppi. I took mine to the gt guys and they can fix just about anything.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Starting bid seems a bit strong for a low VIN 05, but a very nice car.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
I have car # 58 and it has had no problems. The only inconvenience was the suspension recall but that was easily handled by my dealer. I think you can have problems with an early or late build. It's the luck of the draw.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Speedy Sleeve was the big concern at the time, but not now. They have all held up. Just get a PPI done

Sorry for the dumb question but what is a PPI and what is involved in performing one? Thanks

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Funny, there hasn't been a thread on this topic in days now! ;)

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
PPI =Pre-Purchase Inspection. Not to be confused with PPPPPPP Proper prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
PPI = Pre-Purchase Inspection. Repair shops are VERY good these days and the conventional wisdom is that you should have someone intimately familiar with the GT perform a PPI on any candidate car before purchasing it. Cost varies depending on where the car is located and how far a GT expert would need to travel to get to the car. The inspection itself is typically a couple of hours.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Thank you. I need a PPI done in St Charles MO.