Early Christmas Present - 4 Post Lift

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Thursday, the crew from Automotive Lift Service was out to install my Advantage DX-9000-XLT 4 post lift. Had to go with a 110v lift as I don't have 220v available without some rewiring.

I was waffling between BendPak and Advantage largely because the Advantage lift wasn't ALI certified.

Was ready to buy the BendPak, (the wife didn't want me under a non-certified lift), when I saw the DX-9000-XLT got certification in late October.

We went over today to the storage unit and cleaned up after the crew, tweaked/adjusted the cables, shifted the cars around and got the GT up in the air.

Really impressed with this lift; the double safety locks, oversized cables and pulleys, manual release (vs pneumatic), and overall general sturdiness. Relatively easy to move around (helps to have 2 people or a rubber mallet to redirect the casters).

Merry Christmas to me!

Dan

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thursday, the crew from Automotive Lift Service was out to install my Advantage DX-9000-XLT 4 post lift.

I was waffling between BendPak and Advantage largely because the Advantage lift wasn't ALI certified.

Was ready to buy the BendPak, (the wife didn't want me under a non-certified lift), when I saw the DX-9000-XLT got certification in late October.

We went over today and cleaned up after the crew, shifted the cars around and got the GT up in the air.

Really impressed with this lift, the double safety locks, oversized cables and pulleys, manual release (vs pneumatic), and overall general sturdiness.

Merry Christmas to me!

Dan

Congrats! ;-)

Tomcat

GT Owner
I love my 4-pole!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Geez, no pix???

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Unfortunately, still not able to post pics without an internet link... :(

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Unfortunately, still not able to post pics without an internet link... :(

If you don't wanna wait, you could email them to me and I'll post em here for you jcg.tpo@gmail.com

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You simply need to resize them down, I use Microsoft paint for that. Resize to 6xx by 8xx pixels, then they will upload here.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
extrap... just sent you a few pics - thanks!

Dan

Reactions: THamonGT

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Here are Dan's pix. Wow, awesome garage and collection (y) I sense a theme :cool:
IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

Reactions: Cadster and digman1

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Awesome. Might I suggest a few stripes for the golf cart too.

Reactions: RPM217 and extrap

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks! That's my man cave/shop... in the corner is a small machine shop to tinker around in, with a loft above it with a couple recliners and TV/stereo to chill out in.

Never set out to have all white w/blue stripes... in 2016, while I was waiting for the Revology GT350 to get done, it hit home that this was the first time in my adult life, that I didn't have a fun car to drive (had recently sold off my 66 GT350H and 2006 GTH), and by chance the local Ford dealer had the 2016 GT350 on his lot. So when I finally decided to get the GT, I thought I would go with the heritage paint, but the more I looked at all the colors I fell for the white w/blue stripes. Caught a lot of flak from friends, but surprisingly enough, they don't seem to complain about driving them :unsure:

Got carried away with the golf cart... I've mostly had Pursuit boats, so one evening after a couple glasses of wine I thought "if Pursuit built a golf cart, what would it look like?" I machined a whole new dash board, "swim" platform, billet hubs for the wheels, adapter for a boat steering wheel to attach to an Ididit steering column, had a friend print up Pursuit decals (same guy who did a lot of the signs on the wall) and another friend weld up the top.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: THamonGT and extrap

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice lift / cars / garage

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Now we need pix of the cart! I see the canvas "T-top", the wheel and column. Looks super cool!

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Specracer,

Here is a video from my YouTube channel of the golf cart... the modifications seemed like a good thing to do at the time, as I mentioned... wine was involved. Every winter I modified something on it. The final addition was the Garmin GPS - they had them at Walmart for about $70 and it seemed like a really stupid thing to do, and I'm just the guy to do it (stupidity takes complete commitment).

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Here are Dan's pix. Wow, awesome garage and collection (y) I sense a theme :cool:
View attachment 61997

View attachment 61998

View attachment 61999

View attachment 62000
I just ordered an Advantage lift last week. 😎

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Understanding that the modern tires alone make it apples and oranges, how do you feel about the Revology when compared to your original GT350?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thanks for the golf cart video, fantastic, well done, great creativity. I completely "get it"

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Special K - did you order their optional jack? If you did I'd be interested in what you think of it after you get the lift installed.

2112 - My Revology is a very early production car (#009) so while it was a great car as delivered, they've continued to make improvements on it... the last few being that they are welding up the unibody in house as opposed to getting a body complete from Dynacorn, and they replaced the rear end to get rid of the gear noise inherent in the Moser gear set.

The car is a lot of fun and in my opinion, a big improvement over my past 66 GT350's; 435hp vs about 300, 6 speed tranny (22mpg and about 2300rpm @ 70mph!). Handling, while not directly comparable to a modern mustang, is still vastly better. I get the look that I wanted in a much more modern package. It just seems as if they thought the whole process through before they started turning a wrench... hard to explain but everything works together vs being a Frankenstein backyard build. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the members on the forum know the founder of Revology, Tom Scarpello... he was involved early on with the Ford GT program.

Specracer - thanks for the compliments on the golf cart! One of my best days was driving it around the marina in the evening and a guy said "I didn't know that S2 Yachts built a golf cart" I said, "they don't, but I do" just felt great that the guy didn't think I built this myself.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: Specracer and 2112