e bay

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
E bay can be a strange place to buy I looked at the pictures of the $120k car on E bay and it looked fine.

But I also saw a Heritage car bid up to $200k {165 miles} and reserve not met it has 11 bids on it but only 2 bidders Item number: 190288313845

A couple fo cars down is a 2100 mile Heritage car with a buy it now of $189k it has 4 bids by 3 bidders Item number: 170304975411 that is only bid up to $150k.

Then further down is a 3rd Heritage Item number: 170303367383 it has 5 bidders and 17 bids up to $194k reserve not met and it has 1700 miles on it.

So my question is why hasn't #2 sold for $189 it is only 400 more mile than car 3 :willy
Is this a lot of shill bidding going on or what?

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
No one would have there friends run the bids up would they?

Just under the reserve, would keep the seller from paying the e-bay tax.
Allowing free add renewals until it sells.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Todd

Is that your toe-tatoo??? Looks great. So Cal FGT run in March check out the Owners section.

MR2RACE may be on to something that we all suspect. A lot of these bids are insider connections.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
eBay is a funny place, but one thing to point out is that that the one for $189k was/is the car with the gurney bubble and there has been alot of debate with the seller on here. IMHO the bubble is only gonna appeal to a few people, thus making it a little less easy to sell to the general public. Now, for the guy thats actually LOOKING for this, yes its more valuable, but again, the number is limited. Also, the 150 mile car is the lowest mile Heritage available and from my experience selling heritage cars, the lower mile cars bring top dollar. Ours has 700 miles and has a buy-it-now of $195k. Do people bid on their own auctions? I am sure, but it is not always the case. Also, I really dont see why people wanna run the prices on their cars WAY up to unrealistic prices.

I still wonder if the white car for $120k actually sold. Time will tell

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Todd

Is that your toe-tatoo??? Looks great. So Cal FGT run in March check out the Owners section.

MR2RACE may be on to something that we all suspect. A lot of these bids are insider connections.

Hey Doc sent you a pm.