Drive Your FGT at Le Mans in July!

FordGT4fun

congratulation too, certainly a future GT driver :)

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Thanks everyone!!!!!

We are extremely excited and blessed. Looking forward to hearing about all the details when it is over :cheers

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Found this Le Mans museum tour episode with Barry Meguiar. http://www.carcrazycentral.com/Video.aspx?VideoID=298

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Le Mans Classic

Although I will not have my GT at Le Mans I will be there. I am driving my 1955 Jaguar D-Type. It is in Grid 3 and is British Racing Green with no tail fin. If you can stop by and say hello.
-Gary

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Although I will not have my GT at Le Mans I will be there. I am driving my 1955 Jaguar D-Type. It is in Grid 3 and is British Racing Green with no tail fin. If you can stop by and say hello.
-Gary

WOW Gary...beautiful car....I'll make sure I stop by

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gary, I will be there if you need a co-driver :)

Just heard from Roush today, expect further update shortly.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Found this Le Mans museum tour episode with Barry Meguiar. http://www.carcrazycentral.com/Video.aspx?VideoID=298

Nice find, Wally.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
-Gary

Gary, looking forward to seeing your D-Type and we'll try to track you down. All of us should be in the pits with the Roush group so hopefully we'll connect at one place or the other. :cheers

PIRAEUS

Jun 23, 2007
Virginia
Pics and Video

Excuse me for butting in, but if you guys really want some pics and video, I'm the fella doing all the shooting for Oliver Kuttner's Mk.VII, and I'd be happy to ride the boat over with my camera.
Nice thing is, it would be the maiden voyage for my new toy, the (Ultra High Definition) Red Digital Cinema Camera- a filmmakers' FordGT.

I check this site every once in a while to feel out the buzz, please excuse me if I'm talking out of turn.

Anybody going to Sebring?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcom Piraeus!
You do great work. However, I always pay the photog to destroy the pictures he takes of me, or at least pixelate my face. :) Just kidding, keep posting those vids.
We will be as a group at St Pete, there are some members of our Forum who will be at Sebring. Do a search using keyword 'SEBRING'
Cheers,
daniel

PIRAEUS

Jun 23, 2007
Virginia
Thanks for the good word, I could pixelate your face, but with this new camera, it'll take a lot of pixels! (so it'll cost ya:wink)

I'm kind of a forum dummy, I tried searching and found a lot of stuff but I can't make too much sense of it. I'll be in Sebring tomorrow night thru the weekend, and back again for the race later in the week with Oliver. Anybody down there wants to have a beer and see some real fresh footage, I'll be loitering near that pretty car, just tap me on the shoulder- I look like this:

Last edited:

PIRAEUS

Jun 23, 2007
Virginia
It's a beautiful day in Sebring- wait till you see this car!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sticky removed

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
We're close to finalizing all trip details and this promises to be an absolute trip of a lifetime. The provisional itinerary includes Le Mans, St. Tropez, the legendary Monte Carlo to Maranello run, Cannes, Reims for champagne tasting at Veuve Clicquot, Charles Heidsieck or Krug, London, some track time, plenty of good times, and more!

If this sounds interesting to you and yours. Drop a PM to BONY. It's not too late.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Are there any updates on the Le Mans trip?

Thanks

Neil

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Neil!

Thanks for your question; I am sure others have been wondering as well. Here is a short recap.

Sometime ago Lorna and I purchased our airplane tickets.

We have Roush ready to accompany us on the tour with a tech and spare parts. They have trackside accommodations squared away including credentials. They will have agreed to receive our vehicles from Cosdel.

Cosdel has made transportation arrangements.

As you know from Goodwood, SLF360 agreed to lay out a tour of great roads, fine restaurants and hotels that would welcome our FGT’s. Plus gear head venues.
Stefan has accomplished this for his other car groups, so it meant simply readjusting the itinerary to tie into our departure from Lemans.

Due to business pressures the needed itinerary from Stefan has been very slow in coming. Fully realizing that we are proposing to travel in the height of the vacation season many travelers have expressed concern. After all we are at a critical time junction. After several nudging emails to Stefan, he asked me to call him.

On Thursday we spoke about his itinerary. He advised that because of his commercial obligations he couldn’t proceed and act as our tour leader. Frankly, having Stefan lead our group was very appealing for many obvious reasons.
Stefan stated he has been in contact with a tour company that has arranged programs for groups like ours.

Stefan asked for an executive overview of what we really wanted from the tour company, he has already laid out a basic city by city route: -
a. Accommodations (number of rooms)
b. Exact dates when they take over from Roush
c. Restaurants and number of tables needed
d. Automotive venues

Upon completion of my telecom with Stefan, AlohaGT aka as Kelvin and I chatted.
Obviously not having Stefan lead us is a challenge. Kelvin agreed to write the executive summary of our needs. Then upon receipt of the proposal from the tour company evaluate it, and check their references.

Early on, I assembled a list of companies in Europe that do car guy events.
Personally I have traveled with two of them, As an F Car owner I can get into the F factory plus other shops. I have been to many of the factories and shops in the England and Italy. However, there is much more involved than the car venues. Putting the package together with safe parking at all stops, avoiding areas of heaving congestion where overheating can occur are all mandates.

Hopefully it is not to late to salvage this trip of a lifetime. I’m sure Kelvin will comment with his views. He has also been entangled with issues surrounding the collapse of two airlines that feed tourists to his hotels.

As the forum moderator, I have been determined to separate myself from the leadership of the tour. It is important that it be clear that any event other than those organized by DBK are clearly understood as stand alone non-sponsored activities.

Well, what did I miss?

Cheers,
Daniel

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
GT Tour

Bony thank you for the update.

See you In England, if not before.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Great, thanks for the update.

Roush are, as you know, organising a Le Mans trip too - one I took part in a couple of years back. I am reserved a spot on there, just in case something happened to our trip - but I've not booked yet.

I wonder if the Roush trip (departing Friday July 11th returning Sunday 13th or Monday 14th) might be worth piggy-backing - making that the Le Mans portion if you will....?

Neil