Door not closing properly??

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I did the same right after I bought mine(SLAMMING FROM 1FT UP WAS TOO MUCH FOR MY NERVES TO HANDLE)and works great....just press gently and it locks into place everytime!:banana

While we're talking about saving our nerves, I just finished 3M taping pretty much all of the front of my car. Take a CLOSE look at the back corner of your hood (the "trunk" I guess) where any "PREVIOUS" owner may have lifted/opened the trunk from. Mine has the tiniest hairline cracks. I now lift from the center only (where the wiper is). I don't know if that'll make a future difference or not, or if that's what caused the existing lines, but it'll help me sleep better. :thumbsup

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
While we're talking about saving our nerves, I just finished 3M taping pretty much all of the front of my car. Take a CLOSE look at the back corner of your hood (the "trunk" I guess) where any "PREVIOUS" owner may have lifted/opened the trunk from. Mine has the tiniest hairline cracks. I now lift from the center only (where the wiper is). I don't know if that'll make a future difference or not, or if that's what caused the existing lines, but it'll help me sleep better. :thumbsup
Ha Ha funny you should say that i also have clear bra on the entire nose of the Gt and I do mean entire nose(The whole fender all the way to the windsield and down to the rocker ,entire hood and leading edge of the roof,plus lots of other parts on the car).I think my hood is ok and always open from the middle so I think I am O.K.On second thought I think I will go down to the garage and have a look ...........LOL:lol

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
How do you guys like the 3M clear bra? I have thought about getting it done a lot, but there is no one anywhere near me that installs it. I understand it is a serious $&@%! to install. I can't believe you did that yourself 'Fly. I have no patience for that type of thing. :frown

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
How do you guys like the 3M clear bra? I have thought about getting it done a lot, but there is no one anywhere near me that installs it. I understand it is a serious $&@%! to install. I can't believe you did that yourself 'Fly. I have no patience for that type of thing. :frown

If you get down to the San Diego area, I had mine done at ModernImage

www.mishield.com

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey Tom, I didn't do it ALL myself. :biggrin One of my good friends is the 3M maestro in Edmonton. He came over and helped me during the evenings. And yes, there were a LOT of evening!! It is a biyatch to do. Curves that are compound AND convex, on the same panel. It might have been easier to do a pre-cut kit, but we chose to do a full custom. But it all worked out REALLY well. The entire front end including 48" sheets to do the full fenders. Side rockers, air scoops, mirrors, tail sections. I'm driving the worlds' largest condom!! :lol

But to your question, done right, it's definately worth it. I've also got it on my Black 911, and it's done so well that most of the time you don't even know it's there. :thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
If you get down to the San Diego area, I had mine done at ModernImage

www.mishield.com

Thanks for the tip. San Diego is a bit of a drive for me. I would have to find an additional reason to make that trek.

Hey Tom, I didn't do it ALL myself. :biggrin One of my good friends is the 3M maestro in Edmonton. He came over and helped me during the evenings. And yes, there were a LOT of evening!! It is a biyatch to do. Curves that are compound AND convex, on the same panel. It might have been easier to do a pre-cut kit, but we chose to do a full custom. But it all worked out REALLY well. The entire front end including 48" sheets to do the full fenders. Side rockers, air scoops, mirrors, tail sections. I'm driving the worlds' largest condom!! :lol

But to your question, done right, it's definately worth it. I've also got it on my Black 911, and it's done so well that most of the time you don't even know it's there. :thumbsup

Glad it worked out for you so well. I have seen the clear bra on four cars....2 Porsche's, a Ferrari and a GT. Two looked good, and two were pretty noticeable. The GT (not a Forum member) was a blue/striped and the seams were evident, particularly in the scoops on the hood. The guy did it with a friend that used to do installs and they used the pre-cut one. I don't know if it was because of the dark color contrast or what, but it made me think twice about doing it. I guess it is like anything, it depends on who puts it on.

Does it clean like normal paint and how long is it supposed to last? Sounds like you had one heck of a project. Hope you have a heated garage. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
still not a fan of any of the coverings...
have the stock ones on that came with the car on the lower qtr and will remove them the next time the detailer does the car.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And what, Bony, replace them with CF? What's up your sleeve now?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
just got the latest Ewing penile implant... of course in CF... :)

the issue is that it takes a giant air compressor that I have to mount on a ten wheeler and 400 of 1.5 line... other than that it is a Bony... I mean ...