Detailed Photos of Stillen front/rear splash guards

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Anyone have some close up photos?

I installed the driver front, it took some trimming with the dremmel tool and fits ok. Not perfect though. I'm confused about the rear... the tabs on the guards look like they should line up with the factory plastic fasteners but they are on the wrong side! Maybe I'm confused!!??

I'm starting to think I should just use some adhesive silicone and no fasteners.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thats what I did .Used the adhesive silicone.I REUSED THE BLACK PLASTIC RIVETS ON THE FRONTS ,NO DRILLING. They work great !!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Make sure that you have the "new" front splash guards - notched for the side rail. Kyle made changes in the front mold and new one's fit great. I had to send my originals back for exchange. For the front I used the two tab holes and Silicon adhesive with tape overnight to mount the front ones.

For the rear guards they line up from the split behind the wheel to the top "side". Instead of drilling I also used silicon adhesive heew, taped overnight. Make sure that you don't use to much adhesive where it bleeds onto the car. It will take a while to clean it off without damaginf the paint....

The advantage I had was that the guards are black and with black silicon on a black car - it's invisible!

BTW - I know, I know she's dirty. Been trying to get the lift going in the garage - then I'll clean her up. Have also sent request to Jason for his "super Deluxe Detail"... At least I'm driving Frank! No snow out here!

Attachments

• front_out.jpg
    front_out.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 353
  • rear-back.jpg
    rear-back.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 354
  • rear_side.jpg
    rear_side.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Thanks for the info guys.

I have do the current version of the guards. Roketman, how did you get the factory fastener to work? Going through the splash guard, body, and inner fender the fastener it was not long enough to get the plastic screw in. My solution is to use a black plastic rivet I found at Ace Hardware.

I'll use the adhesive on the rear with no fasteners. Still makes me wonder how Stillen intended it to be installed??

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Three down.... one to go!

BUT this one (rear) does not follow the body line very closely, it actually curves the opposite direction. Is it possible to reshape the guard using a heat gun?

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Update

I ended up using a heat gun to soften the material, then using gloves held the splash guard in place till it cooled enough to hold it's shape. After the shape was formed and the guard was cool, I used Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant to attach. Then I used Q-tips to wipe away the excess adhesive.It worked PERFECT! I couldn't be more pleased with the result.

One word of caution, be very careful not to leave an imprint from a glove or other objects in the guard wile it's cooling. I didn't do this but I think it could easily happen.

Photos here....

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jboulais/FordGTSplashGuards