Destroyed 06 tunsten gt photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Anybody here check out....Search for Ford GT's. Damage photos are amazing! Currently a tungsten one that is just a pile of rubble

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Looks like it was run over by a train. One mirror looks ok.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I think it'll buff right out!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Was never a fan of those sites that shows wrecked cars...knowing there was a person attached who may or may not have been so lucky.
Just my .01 cents.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
What a poor sight, I feel sorry for the people involved in that accident :-(
It has a Whipple, racing exhaust and red leather on the doors, it seems like someone who like us was very involved in modifying the GT...

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Yes, sad for all involved...

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
and the car comes with a clear title

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Was never a fan of those sites that shows wrecked cars...knowing there was a person attached who may or may not have been so lucky.
Just my .01 cents.

Stu,

Copart is a legitimate site listing damaged/salvaged cars for sale by insurance companies. It isn't one of the "wrecked exotics" sites.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I think this was the car crashed by the guy from Michigan who was facing possible jail time because of the accident....

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I can't believe he lived. Wow.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
driver and passenger lived but badly injured

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Where do you get those crash details? I live in Michigan and didn't hear about it...That car is scrap!! Must have been one hell of a story!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"driver and passenger lived but badly injured."

Wow. Given the wreckage, I don't see how anyone could've survived.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Where do you get those crash details? I live in Michigan and didn't hear about it...That car is scrap!! Must have been one hell of a story!
I heard about it on the news back in 2011

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The accident is old news, but the story is still very much new news. 60 days in jail with work release, 14 months probation, court costs and fines for attempted malicious destruction of personal property at least $1,000, a felony; and reckless driving, a misdemeanor.

Looks like somebody really had it in for the guy. I have not seen any rationale for the felony charge except that the prosecutor wanted jail time. The guy pleaded no contest in exchange for a cap on the sentence...and he got the max.

Last edited:

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Paul,

Since I do not go to those sites nor did I even check the current link, I did not know that. Unfortunately, probably more look out of curiosity and the usual human nature of the macabre. But thanks for updating me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a reminder - it has been and will always be the policy of this website not to publish, link or otherwise promote the photography or videos of destroyed Ford GTs that are not your own.

On the other hand, If you smash your own GT and live to tell about it, you are more than welcome to post pictures for all to see. I think maybe only one or two people have ever chosen to take that route. For those that wish to check out car wrecks people have been in, there is no shortage of websites where you can do so and they are easy to find.

I was in the right hand seat of a GT that the driver lost control of and destroyed, and the first thing I saw when I caught my breath, crawled over the center tunnel and exited the remaining functional door was a guy who hopped out of an Infiniti chuckling "No way!" with a big grin on his face taking pics of the mangled car. He even got pissy when I asked him to scram. I feel like we shouldn't contribute to this creepy sense of detachment the internet and electronic devices give people about car wrecks, regardless of the source content.

Status
Not open for further replies.