Delay in the application process... My guess

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Friends, Tito's Vodka with Orange juice and a squeeze of lime in my new color matching Yeti cup helps a lot to ease the pain of this problem we are all having. Good Luck.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
How did we even get to this discussion? Let me reiterate what Raj stated at Rally 10, and what Global Ford Performance Communication Manager Paul Seredynski specifically told me after the announcement:

1. The car is assigned to the customer.
2. The car is assigned to the customer by Ford.
3. The car is delivered to a certified dealer of the customer's choice.

The allocation belongs to the customer. Read between the lines.

So let me get this straight, you're saying the car is assigned to a customer by Ford and car will be delivered to a certified dealer of the customer's choice, right??

I think we need another speculation thread as what a "certified dealer" is. Sounds very suspicious to me.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
So let me get this straight, you're saying the car is assigned to a customer by Ford and car will be delivered to a certified dealer of the customer's choice, right??

I think we need another speculation thread as what a "certified dealer" is. Sounds very suspicious to me.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Maybe this thread should be closed. Andy, if you need sleeping pills, let me know.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Maybe this thread should be closed. Andy, if you need sleeping pills, let me know.

:agree: It serves no purpose!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My guess is "certified" means a dealer that is set up to receive, prep and preform basic service to the car. If I call a dealer and tell him/her "I have an allocation and would they like to be my dealer of choice" and the response is "sure, and he's my dealer mark up" they wont be getting my business. I think that's the point of the allocation being assigned to the customer; they have the choice of dealer and thus the leverage in deciding whether or not the car is delivered there. After listening to Raj talk in Detroit I do have confidence these cars will be purchased at MSRP. He was adamant they wind up in the hands of Loyal Ford people in general and GT owners in particular. Again, If I get a lucky ticket and later am told it comes with an additional mark up of 100k to 300k I'd have to "politely" decline.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Steve. I was kidding. :lol

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I agree this thread needs to be closed as well as all these things have been discussed in that prior thread when Raj announced the plan and Dave has continued to update us. Also, I had a discussion with my Ford dealer and he said he has to sign up to get a car just like me. Kicker is...I have a FGT and he does not so I'm already ahead of him.

Just go read all of DBK's posts and you all will get the overall plan.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I agree with SteveA. To become a certified GT dealer will require an investment or cost by the dealer (specialized tools and training). Since only limited production numbers, dealers probably will be located in large metropolitan areas. In order to "pay back" their original cost of being a GT dealer I am sure they will jump at selling as many cars to customers who already have an allocation at MSRP (or they can go elsewhere). Ford first (deciding on who gets the allocation, not sure I want to be on that panel)! and then the customer who gets the allocation will be in the "drivers seat"!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Friends, Tito's Vodka with Orange juice and a squeeze of lime in my new color matching Yeti cup helps a lot to ease the pain of this problem we are all having. Good Luck.

Hahaha! I'm with you Tomy! If it is to be, it will be, and I'll certainly honor her. If not, I'll be a bit sad, but world will continue to turn, I'm quite sure.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Hey guys .. don't close the thread on my account. I will take Franks' and Rex's and Tommy's and others advice.. got out my new Yetti cup too.
I will sleep tonite. I like the 'Suspicious HIPPO' the best..... too much fun.. !

andy (ajb)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I agree this thread needs to be closed as well as all these things have been discussed in that prior thread when Raj announced the plan and Dave has continued to update us. Also, I had a discussion with my Ford dealer and he said he has to sign up to get a car just like me. Kicker is...I have a FGT and he does not so I'm already ahead of him.

Just go read all of DBK's posts and you all will get the overall plan.

My post didn't say anything about the process... I was commenting on why I thought there was a delay. This is an epic event for Ford and all of us. It has to be done correctly... I was just stating that maybe they are still working on logistics and the dealer pool.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I don't feel like the applications are delayed. They will come out when they come out. My definition of delayed is when you see a new GT driving down the road & the applications aren't out - they are delayed! LOL

Ed

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Your guess is as good as any guess. I guess.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Guess what ?

Just guessing...

Mar 15, 2006
Probably best to keep the speculation at a minimum. Trust the Ford team to work things out for the benefit of customers and dealers. Just my 2 cents.

John Hennessey

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Probably best to keep the speculation at a minimum. Trust the Ford team to work things out for the benefit of customers and dealers. Just my 2 cents.

John Hennessey

Great guess, well at least a good guess. Just my guess. Ford management can sure keep you guessing. Has anyone guessed the Mega Million lotto numbers?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great guess, well at least a good guess. Just my guess. Ford management can sure keep you guessing. Has anyone guessed the Mega Million lotto numbers?

I'm wearing my Guess Jeans,, Does that count...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you sure they're not Chaps?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Are you sure they're not Chaps?

Please tell me he's wearing the chaps over the Guess jeans?

Ed