Debating Selling 2021 Carbon Series and need Advice

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I am debating selling my 2021 Carbon Series. It's only got 200 miles on it. What's the best way to sell? I've sold on BaT but just rather not sell this car that way, but if that will bring the most money, then I might consider. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2586.jpeg
    IMG_2586.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If you have a price in mine list, it here. Prices seem a little soft but still your car should bring good money with a warranty still in place. If you can set a reasonable reserve BAT brings lots of bids and fees are cheap.

Reactions: dshears

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I thought my '05 on BaT would bring more (doesn't everyone?!), but I would prob still use them again. Would be annoying to go thru the expense of transporting a car to BJ / Mecum only to get a low price / reserve not met. You could turn it over to a dealer, but that costs a lot and if you choose one far from you it might seem somewhat out of your control: If the end of the month comes and they need income are they gonna fib to convince you to let it go cheaper than you agreed on? You could list it yourself and possibly deal with a lot of deadbeat buyers, and might take longer than expected.

Awesome car. Would love to have it ... Good luck! (y)

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
please share the pricing please and some details..

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Not much details but it’s 2021 Carbon Seties as they are standard except for the color combination. I have every document, wrapper that came from ordering to delivery. It’s been fully wrapped in PPF. I was fortunate enough to be allocated the car. Price I’m not sure as this exact spec went on BaT recently for 975 and it had 15 miles and another with 2021 with 14 miles sold for 1.05. So I’m not sure. I think it’s a 950-975 car based on recent actions BUT that means nothing!!! If I auction I will wait till Spring for sure.

BJ is no reserve and I’m sure with the liquor flowing at any live auction it would bid to 1k but the commission fees, PITA of transportation etc would not be worth it to me.

Thanks everyone!!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Beautiful spec!
Not much details but it’s 2021 Carbon Seties as they are standard except for the color combination. I have every document, wrapper that came from ordering to delivery. It’s been fully wrapped in PPF. I was fortunate enough to be allocated the car. Price I’m not sure as this exact spec went on BaT recently for 975 and it had 15 miles and another with 2021 with 14 miles sold for 1.05. So I’m not sure. I think it’s a 950-975 car based on recent actions BUT that means nothing!!! If I auction I will wait till Spring for sure.

BJ is no reserve and I’m sure with the liquor flowing at any live auction it would bid to 1k but the commission fees, PITA of transportation etc would not be worth it to me.

Thanks everyone!!
Just PM’d you.

Reactions: Johntpr

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Thanks everyone!!
With only 200 miles, do you not like the car?

Reactions: Ed Sims

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I guess in reading this thread and now knowing the recent sales of 2021 “Allocated” Ford Gt’s on BAT at 15 miles and 14 miles and now 200 miles , it is disappointing that these allocated vehicles are being “flipped.”
Just my opinion .
Andy (ajb)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I guess in reading this thread and now knowing the recent sales of 2021 “Allocated” Ford Gt’s on BAT at 15 miles and 14 miles and now 200 miles , it is disappointing that these allocated vehicles are being “flipped.”
Just my opinion .
Andy (ajb)
Matter of fact I didn’t buy the car to flip. I’ve been a FGT owner over 10 years. Life happens sometimes, priorities change, so you don’t always know why someone is selling. Don’t assume!!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
I can understand.
I am a FGT owner of 2 for over 17 years.
Andy(ajb)

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Wait till the spring.
The market seems soft now.
GLWS!
Best.
Mark

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just recently sold my 2019 CS.
Realized I’m an analog kinda guy! Bought a 2nd GT an 2005 GTX1 to be a roomie for my 2006 GT! Will miss the 2019 but not the out of warranty stress!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Realized I’m an analog kinda guy! Bought a 2nd GT an 2005 GTX1 to be a roomie for my 2006 GT! Will miss the 2019 but not the out of warranty stress!
Ironically I was thinking replace with a GTX1!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
How does it handle compared to the regular 05-06? I wasn’t sure if cutting the roof would change its handling characteristics.

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL

Thanks everyone!!
A 2019 Ford GT just sold at Barrett Jackson for $1.250M, with BJ fees was $1.375M

Reactions: THamonGT

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
A 2019 Ford GT just sold at Barrett Jackson for $1.250M, with BJ fees was $1.375M
So what did the seller take home?? BJ gets money from the buyer and seller!! BaT only collects from the buyer.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
BJ site says 8% seller fee: 92% of $1.25m = $1.15m

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
this wont be around long for sure.... GLWS beauty

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Looks Like A Good Day To Sell A Beautiful 2017 Ford GT #H045, Early Built after the Executive cars were finished and took Delivery July 24, 2017. Everything was sorted out before last warranty work was done and today it has 4,871.4 miles and in Excellent condition And IS NOT A GARAGE QUEEN! This GT is well known by most Forum Members and probably one of the most photographed on the Forum. This GT is One Of built in 2017 in American Racing Livery as my Concierge wouldn’t duplicate it in 2017 out of 138 total built. PM if additional information is needed. Bottom Price is $800,000 and that is solid. Would love to sell it to a Forum Member of Possible. Enough Said!
Sure wish I could swing it. Love this car!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Tommy ,
Recommend that you start your own thread for your sale.
This thread is titled “debating selling a 2021 Carbon Series” and yours is a 2017 Original build so people may miss opening it,
Good luck
Andy (ajb)