Dear Ford...

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
I feel the same way about the Mega Millions Lottery. They have never sold me a winning ticket. I'm done buying their lousy, losing tickets. I 'll show them. When I was younger I just took my bat and ball and went home. Life is a bitch and then you die. Good luck.
Dear Ford,

Thank you for offering me the chance to be eligible to purchase a new Ford GT. I am thrilled that you have the passion to produce such a car.

As I still have the '06 Ford GT I purchased new and have happily put 26,000 miles on it, as well as being a serious car guy, and racer, I thought I had a pretty good shot. Unfortunately I was deemed unworthy, yet I understand 31% of the new cars have been allocated to people who have never even owned the previous Ford GT, and 13% went to people who have never owned a Ford at all. This leaves me feeling very disapointed, and actually bitter.

I understand you have confirmed your Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, you can kindly pound sand as I will probably never buy a Ford product again.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to lose my application.

Thank you, again, for making and racing the new Ford GT.

Regards,

John B

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I feel the same way about the Mega Millions Lottery. They have never sold me a winning ticket. I'm done buying their lousy, losing tickets. I 'll show them. When I was younger I just took my bat and ball and went home. Life is a bitch and then you die. Good luck.

My sentiments about powerball. They always sell the winning ticket to someone else.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
No mystery here...

Judging from (what I assume is) your post on McLaren Life, sounds like you yourself realized that you weren't so deserving! Only one Ford ever purchased? :facepalm:

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Dear Ford,

Thank you for offering me the chance to be eligible to purchase a new Ford GT. I am thrilled that you have the passion to produce such a car.

As I still have the '06 Ford GT I purchased new and have happily put 26,000 miles on it, as well as being a serious car guy, and racer, I thought I had a pretty good shot. Unfortunately I was deemed unworthy, yet I understand 31% of the new cars have been allocated to people who have never even owned the previous Ford GT, and 13% went to people who have never owned a Ford at all. This leaves me feeling very disapointed, and actually bitter.

I understand you have confirmed your Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, you can kindly pound sand as I will probably never buy a Ford product again.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to lose my application.

Thank you, again, for making and racing the new Ford GT.

Regards,

John B

My wife asked me what "pound sand" means. I explained it to her. She had one question...can a woman pound sand also?

GT 1547

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Vernal, UT
I too was disappointed in getting the deferred letter. The only reason I am kind of mad at Ford is because now I have to worry for another two years about whether or not I will get picked for the final year production. Oh well maybe the GT350R I was just allocated will help the time go by. By the way Ford please don't pound sand or lose my application.

Last edited:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I too was disappointed in getting the deferred letter. The only reason I am kind of mad at Ford is because now I have to worry for another two years about whether or not I will get picked for the final year production. Oh well maybe the GT350R I was just allocated will help the time go by. By the way Ford please don't pound sand or lose my application.

:lol

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I'm not sure the original post in this thread serves any purpose or contribution to the Forum. I hope you find what your looking for, but I'm certain Ford is not the problem. I think this is a situation where you will step back at some point and realize this was not the best way to convey your disappointment. If not, then you and I certainly disagree on how to handle a challenge. Proud to be a Ford guy and hopefully you will come back around to that conclusion as well. Take care of yourself.

Vince H

Very well said and couldn't agree more.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My wife asked me what "pound sand" means. I explained it to her. She had one question...can a woman pound sand also?

After a little research I've discovered the answer to your question is yes.

Definition of pound sand

pound sand

verb
•a dismissive retort; "screw off".

Ed

PS Not a nice thing to say to anyone.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
As a runner at the CBOT many years ago, we use to have a pound sand Christmas party every year for the working stiffs, and traders I knew bought all I could drink. As time went by and I became a buyer of the drinks, I always looked forward to pound sand. I didn't even put in an application for the new car, but pound sand will always be a good thing to me. Just depends on how happy you are to be on the side of the fence you are on.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
One of the locals is drowning his sorrows in a Koenigsegg Regera. First world problems.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Oh no. I'm sure he is in great pain.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
No point in just burning your bridges when :-