Dear Ford...

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Dear Ford,

Thank you for offering me the chance to be eligible to purchase a new Ford GT. I am thrilled that you have the passion to produce such a car.

As I still have the '06 Ford GT I purchased new and have happily put 26,000 miles on it, as well as being a serious car guy, and racer, I thought I had a pretty good shot. Unfortunately I was deemed unworthy, yet I understand 31% of the new cars have been allocated to people who have never even owned the previous Ford GT, and 13% went to people who have never owned a Ford at all. This leaves me feeling very disapointed, and actually bitter.

I understand you have confirmed your Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, you can kindly pound sand as I will probably never buy a Ford product again.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to lose my application.

Thank you, again, for making and racing the new Ford GT.

Regards,

John B

Last edited:

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Man, there are millions of ford loyal customers, etc. I too did not get picked, even though since my first car I've owned Fords. I am merely one of millions. I too track my Ford. And while I dont have the years ownership or miles as you, we have to understand that there are thousands of us. They had to handpick 75 people in the world who were great ambassadors for Ford, to reach audiences that you or I couldnt reach, like Deadmaus and other celebrities do. All in all, they will do more good for the brand than you or I could, and will make Ford stronger which in turn leads to more cool Ford products for you and I. They still rewarded a ton of GT owners, but the numbers are what they are, we all cant get one, its a lottery. I must say, versus any other car companies method, this one is the best. Its not perfect, but its good enough. I too am heartbroken, but I will stay committed to the brand and car, someday I'll own one. And I think anyone who really wants one will too. Cheer up, life is good. Rich people problems, catch myself all the time complaining about nothing really...

Stay blue,
Cavan

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I had a dream early this morning that I was told I was likely getting a future allocation. It was odd because though this whole process I haven't dreamt about the car once. Maybe I'm to get John's allocation, if so I thank you John B. If you haven't already pulled your application down you might want to leave it up. I didn't deserve one of the 500 but maybe a future one. And I have hopes they will continue to get cooler in future years. I can wait

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Man, there are millions of ford loyal customers, etc. I too did not get picked, even though since my first car I've owned Fords. I am merely one of millions. I too track my Ford. And while I dont have the years ownership or miles as you, we have to understand that there are thousands of us. They had to handpick 75 people in the world who were great ambassadors for Ford, to reach audiences that you or I couldnt reach, like Deadmaus and other celebrities do. All in all, they will do more good for the brand than you or I could, and will make Ford stronger which in turn leads to more cool Ford products for you and I. They still rewarded a ton of GT owners, but the numbers are what they are, we all cant get one, its a lottery. I must say, versus any other car companies method, this one is the best. Its not perfect, but its good enough. I too am heartbroken, but I will stay committed to the brand and car, someday I'll own one. And I think anyone who really wants one will too. Cheer up, life is good. Rich people problems, catch myself all the time complaining about nothing really...

Stay blue,
Cavan

Well said, completely agree!

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Well said, completely agree!

John, I too am still disappointed but life must go on. My new Mclaren 650s arrived yesterday and goes to its 1st car show tmrw. I purchased it 1 week after I found out that a GT was a NO GO for me. Enjoy what we have, life is too short brother. Eric

Attachments

• 8a3c921b44014c93962f31f23424108c.jpg
    8a3c921b44014c93962f31f23424108c.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 600
  • ea646397e0904fd7b577f5e9e478ff8f.jpg
    ea646397e0904fd7b577f5e9e478ff8f.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 609

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dear Ford,

Thank you for offering me the chance to be eligible to purchase a new Ford GT. I am thrilled that you have the passion to produce such a car.

As I still have the '06 Ford GT I purchased new and have happily put 26,000 miles on it, as well as being a serious car guy, and racer, I thought I had a pretty good shot. Unfortunately I was deemed unworthy, yet I understand 31% of the new cars have been allocated to people who have never even owned the previous Ford GT, and 13% went to people who have never owned a Ford at all. This leaves me feeling very disapointed, and actually bitter.

I understand you have confirmed your Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, you can kindly pound sand as I will probably never buy a Ford product again.

Thank you, again, for making and racing the new Ford GT.

Regards,

John B

The fact that you would make such a post here is proof that Ford is very astute and made the right decision on your application. Definitely a category One and possibly a Category Two in the Sour Grapes thread.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
and racer,

I haven't seen much evidence that having a racing license/background figured into the results that much.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
John, I too am still disappointed but life must go on. My new Mclaren 650s arrived yesterday and goes to its 1st car show tmrw. I purchased it 1 week after I found out that a GT was a NO GO for me. Enjoy what we have, life is too short brother. Eric

Ha, we have much in common! I had to buy myself a McLaren to cheer me up, also (thanks, Shelby) ! Already took it, alongside my 2006 FGT, to the local Cars and Coffee last weekend.

But, nice to have renewed hope with the new GT.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471626301.810123.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471626340.993924.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Damn Clint. I have a drink on the beach when I'm bummed. :lol

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
The fact that you would make such a post here is proof that Ford is very astute and made the right decision on your application. Definitely a category One and possibly a Category Two in the Sour Grapes thread.

I wrote and then deleted some very similar sentiments. I would suggest that disappointment, at least in my case and probably John B.'s, was from actual passion for Ford and the NFGT and having a VERY difficult time coming to grips with being rejected (or one could say "not selected" as a perhaps less painful view). I knew going in, I was a long shot at best, but that still doesn't lessen the disappointment.

I KNOW this is a very limited production car and as the original poster said, kudo's to Ford for having made, raced and offered the car for sale. We all can't have one, I get it. But that doesn't do much to salve the pain.

I'm on the deferred list, so my next shot is 3+ years away and I'll be one of 5 or 6000 candidates for 1 of 250 cars. I don't like those odds but I won't give up either.

And in the meanwhile I still have the planets BEST car to DRIVE, every day, rain or shine, my 2005 Ford GT.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Damn Clint. I have a drink on the beach when I'm bummed. :lol

This McLaren was closer than the nearest beach! :biggrin

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I wrote and then deleted some very similar sentiments. I would suggest that disappointment, at least in my case and probably John B.'s, was from actual passion for Ford and the NFGT and having a VERY difficult time coming to grips with being rejected (or one could say "not selected" as a perhaps less painful view).

I KNOW this is a very limited production car and as the original poster said, kudo's to Ford for having made, raced and offered the car for sale. We all can't have one, I get it. But that doesn't do much to salve the pain.

I'm on the deferred list, so my next shot is 3+ years away and I'll be one of 5 or 6000 candidates for 1 of 250 cars. I don't like those odds but I won't give up either.

And in the meanwhile I still have the planets BEST car to DRIVE, every day, rain or shine, my 2005 Ford GT.

Yep. I don't think it's a bad thing to be told "no" once in a while. Hard at the time, but good for character development, and helps to "keep things real". Some people must have never been told "no" in their lives. That said, I'm going to pout like a child if I don't get one this round! :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yep. I don't think it's a bad thing to be told "no" once in a while. Hard at the time, but good for character development, and helps to "keep things real". Some people must have never been told "no" in their lives. That said, I'm going to pout like a child if I don't get one this round! :lol

In my life I've been told NO a large factor of times than YES, so it was neither a surprise nor a lasting event that I didn't get one. Life goes on. McLaren's aren't a bad second choice.

P.S. The Cobra site is back on the air again.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm not sure the original post in this thread serves any purpose or contribution to the Forum. I hope you find what your looking for, but I'm certain Ford is not the problem. I think this is a situation where you will step back at some point and realize this was not the best way to convey your disappointment. If not, then you and I certainly disagree on how to handle a challenge. Proud to be a Ford guy and hopefully you will come back around to that conclusion as well. Take care of yourself.

Vince H

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
In my life I've been told NO a large factor of times than YES, so it was neither a surprise nor a lasting event that I didn't get one. Life goes on. McLaren's aren't a bad second choice.

P.S. The Cobra site is back on the air again.

I wasn't referring to you, Tony. And I meant to quote the original person you quoted in that other thread, not you- sorry. Yes, I see that the cobra forum is back up. Now we can continue to watch Mike/Luke Warmwater make a spectacle of himself!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I wrote and then deleted some very similar sentiments. I would suggest that disappointment, at least in my case and probably John B.'s, was from actual passion for Ford and the NFGT and having a VERY difficult time coming to grips with being rejected (or one could say "not selected" as a perhaps less painful view). I knew going in, I was a long shot at best, but that still doesn't lessen the disappointment.

Joe,

I get it and I don't want to come across as glib. I would be disappointed too. Nevertheless, it's very unseemly, and unmanly for that matter, for guys to go overboard with their grievances. I think it's now well established that people who didn't get an allocation are disappointment. Everyone gets it. Pancreatic cancer is something to be upset about. This, not so much.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
John B, your attitude makes me sick.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Joe,

I get it and I don't want to come across as glib. I would be disappointed too. Nevertheless, it's very unseemly, and unmanly for that matter, for guys to go overboard with their grievances. I think it's now well established that people who didn't get an allocation are disappointment. Everyone gets it. Pancreatic cancer is something to be upset about. This, not so much.

I understand and agree completely. I guess I just have a little more sympathy for the original poster than some others.

And yes, I still plan on buying the Fusion Sport I have on order!

Very best regards,

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dear Ford,

This leaves me feeling very disappointed, and actually bitter.

.....if additional production is confirmed, you can kindly pound sand as I will probably never buy a Ford product again.

Regards,

John B

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Chip

Sure bet for a year 5 allocation.