De Tomaso Pantera GT5 S

H

HHGT

I suspect it would be much like using a Apple computer, or iPhone.

Anytime you are in San Francisco I will offer to pay for your convertible BMW rental as long as your cruise Castro for 2 hours with the top down. :lol

:ack:ack:ack

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
:ack:ack:ack

Where's your sense of adventure?

Try new things!

You may be surprised! :rofl

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I don't like BMW... often referred to as Bulls.. with wheels. IMO BMW only made two nice cars which is the Z8 and M1. The interior is so stiff it's as of one is in a funeral car.
My Pantera GT5S will also be a car that I'll take occassionaly same with a lot of others. The thrill being able to choose in the morning is exciting.
The FGT on the other hand really is a car that one could use daily but is socially not accepted. When I use it for visting customers I allways hide it.

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
oh... i even hide sometimes my 650... nevertheless that BMW is a great daily driver , one could do 100 mph , smoke a cigarette and make coffee... last week we drove to St Tropez , top down , 125 mph at some spots and no noise, no wind ... just talking to eachother ... a bit my problem, under 100 mph you get annoyed , as if you just have nothing to do ... just looking were you wanne go ...:biggrin

aren't the doors a problem using a GT daily ?

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
classic race at Spa... Pantera chasing monoplaces ! nice to watch ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GiX7DxBBs

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
- Smoking is bad for the health
- making coffee while driving sounds dangerious
- having to listen such a long drive about the same sh.. all the time would kill me. Rather have an engine to listen to.
- looking where to go... I'll use an navigation system.

The FGT can be a real pain if somebody parks beside you...a real problem having to crawl on your knees into your car. I once waited leaving as too many people where observing the car. Since then I'm considering to have it convert to lambo doors. It's soo ridicoulous.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Here a pic of mine and perhaps yours to come Pantera 3.jpgIMG_0153.jpgi

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
Nice BelgianGT :thumbsup:thumbsup... so we can plan a small gathering summertrip with the Panteras... :biggrin

PS - yes, smoking is bad , but ,ok, one must die from something :eek
- besides the engine i still like to listen my girlfriend , odd ? :rofl

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...IMO BMW only made two nice cars which is the Z8 and M1....

Only BMW I've ever cared for was the 507 of the '50s.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
classic race at Spa... Pantera chasing monoplaces ! nice to watch ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GiX7DxBBs

Ism't that a Chevron he's chasing?

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
I suspect it would be much like using a Apple computer, or iPhone.

Anytime you are in San Francisco I will offer to pay for your convertible BMW rental as long as your cruise Castro for 2 hours with the top down. :lol

i had to "google" it to understand ....:ack...
now i understand your avatar... DIRTY Harry...:lol

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
Here a pic of mine and perhaps yours to come View attachment 20404View attachment 20405i

hello BelgianGT....this is now a fact ! :banana i bought the GT5S red one '86 ( not a '85 ) , you know, and visited toady Spa Francorcamps with the Italian days...that car promised me wonderfull driving fun ... so very glad with the deal ! Pics follow..

and yes ! :biggrin.. no more looking for a FGT ... i have what i needed , wrenching/driving fun ....at least for the near future :lol

There were about 100 Detomaso's at Spa today....:thumbsup

H

HHGT

Only BMW I've ever cared for was the 507 of the '50s.

We can agree on the 507 Ralphie, they sure dont build BMWs like they used to.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
We can agree on the 507 Ralphie, they sure dont build BMWs like they used to.

Or do they?

Attachments

• alki 2.JPG
    alki 2.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 641

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
now don't wanne brag about it guys but the first owner of "my" GT5S was nobody less then Carroll Shelby himself ! :thumbsup... he sold the car januari 7 '86...seems he bought 5 cars , and i have the agreement of the selling of 3 of them , speeking of the other 2... mine now, one of them chassis #09425 .
Tomorrow i can take a scan at office and post it here....curious about replys !
Also papers from a US former owner... is he around here perhaps ????
come back on it :biggrin... total happy with the car !

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
getting a garage queen on the road always has some surprizes :biggrin
first they broke the clutch testdriving which was replaced with a reinforced one.
My first drive we see a non working alternator.....but hadn't the time for the meeting SPAITALIA at Franchorcamps ... so i drove over there needing 5 batteries ...but it was fun ! Seems the ignition needs voltage , not amps....with a fresh batterie i could rev 4000 till only 2000 after some 50 miles ! Even then the car was perfectly starting but not voltage enough for high rev ignition :confused
So now installing new alternator which is a little bit more work then on a usual car :wink
alternator.jpg

Pantera has 6 cm ground clearence with the handbrake rod....dangerous on our roads and must be at least 9 cm for tech inspection.... so i need to raise the car which is on adjustable coilovers ... put him already on the scales ...
scales.jpg

to have a idea , but this is not right : no alternator , shutboard,batterie and no compensating weight in drivers seat.
scales1.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
lucky for me the water tubes are already changed to stainless :banana
inoxwater.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
and here we are... the new, happy proud owners of a Pantera GT5S...at Spa Franchorcamps :lol
npo.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
now i would like to buy a manifold to install 4 Webers IDA48 which i already have new...replacing the Edelbrock now on the car....just for the looks :biggrin... don't know if there are HP to gain...bought those Webers to try out on a Porsche 928 but was nowhere with jets etc... or i had to buy them all and try ... :thumbsdow
but i assume i can buy with the manifold the right jets/tubes/venturis for that Cleveland engine as this is already "know" and tested ? or at least beeing near the right A/F mixture and only need to change to a number higher or less ???

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Hall Pantera has an intake for Cleveland with Webers/http://hallpantera.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=hallpantera-inc&pc=7455