Daytona Rally 10.5 pictures here please !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I had a blast at the 24 ! I meet so many of you gt owners there, just wish I could have been around when you all got the close up look at the new gt . But I had a finger that needed to be put back on. I hope you all enjoyed looking at it.

Hey Ripp. We were all shocked and saddened by the news of your injury. Happy to see you post here. I saw Tom at Sebring and I asked how you were doing. He said you were making good progress in your recovery. I guess you have one heck of a story to tell about getting bit by a sexy car !! Just came from BJ in WPB,, didn't see any familiar faces..

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I had a blast at the 24 ! I meet so many of you gt owners there, just wish I could have been around when you all got the close up look at the new gt . But I had a finger that needed to be put back on. I hope you all enjoyed looking at it.

Man, I'm glad you are healing up. We got to look at the car after EMS transported you. Until, Biginch Blake fell down! That ended our visit with the white car.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Man, I'm glad you are healing up. We got to look at the car after EMS transported you. Until, Biginch Blake fell down! That ended our visit with the white car.

ah.. Blake.. You can dress him up but you can't take him out !! .. :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm very glad you are in good shape. Will you have any disability? You may not realize it, but you are now part of GT legend. Good luck on the recovery. Dr. Frank

Ripp

Apr 7, 2016
Michigan
Thanks guys , I am recovering well finger looks good for being cut off , I hope to get must of the use of it again as of now not much ,
Dr frank ,you are right Ian now part of the legend of the gt, I also am probably the only one who has gt DNA running though them, as the doctors could not get all the paint out.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great to hear from you Ripp! We were all very concerned for you after the news spread of the accident and up until now questions of how you are doing would randomly pass through my mind since that day. I hope you will be 100% soon and we do wish to see you again with the GT at an event soon.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Oh good lord. Some of us were not fortunate enough to make Daytona. What the hell happened with this young man's finger?!?!

Ripp

Apr 7, 2016
Michigan
Bonehead I got it stuck between the wheel and the brake caliper

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
That was quite an ending to the weekend and am certainly glad you decided to post. Awesome they were able to reattach the finger and yes you're now part of "GT lore". Hope to see you at future races!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had almost the same thing happen to me.I was pushing my race car off the trailer and caught my finger the same way.Tore my tip almost off.The EMT’s cleaned it up and bandaged it for me.I cut my race glove so I could drive. It was killing me on the ride home.
Hope you heal up nicely

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Oh good lord. Some of us were not fortunate enough to make Daytona. What the hell happened with this young man's finger?!?!

Let's just say we have learned that even thou the new GT is a Sexy svelte beast if you rub her the wrong way she may bite you !

Ripp

Apr 7, 2016
Michigan
Well I hope she don't bite again!!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
So happy to hear you're recovering Ripp. That was quite an unfortunate accident. Take care and hope to see you at one of the upcoming IMSA events. The GT is going to vault itself back to where it stood 50 years ago. Go Blue!!

Vince H

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Just reviewed this thread. Excellent photos with great commentary. Thank you all very much for posting.