Daytime running lights (Turning them off!)

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
As some of you are aware that Gt's sold north of the border had daytime running lights installed.
(It was a federal requirement when they were sold new)
The result has been many headlights have been replaced under warranty due to the lenses degrading by being continually on (small little cracks or crazing in the lens)
To deal with this, and get the daytime running lights off. Some owners have changed the sjb to a U.S. spec box.
The canadian cars just had an extra file added to the sjb.
It is an easy job for any Ford dealer to turn them off through their dealer tech computer system.
I had mine deactived today.
One of the techs bought home their Ford tech laptop
Hooked up to the port under the dash.
I believe he went into the programmable modules section them to programmable parameter's section to turn them off.
It took him less than 3-4 minutes to do.
It is just as easy to to turn them back on again if required.
As we all know headlights are getting harder to find. preserving the ones we have in our gal's takes on greater importance.
If anyone in the Toronto or GTA is having issues getting a dealer to do this, please contact me & I can help arrange for it to done for you.
Mike

Aug 25, 2006
As some of you are aware that Gt's sold north of the border had daytime running lights installed.
(It was a federal requirement when they were sold new)
The result has been many headlights have been replaced under warranty due to the lenses degrading by being continually on (small little cracks or crazing in the lens)
To deal with this, and get the daytime running lights off. Some owners have changed the sjb to a U.S. spec box.
The canadian cars just had an extra file added to the sjb.
It is an easy job for any Ford dealer to turn them off through their dealer tech computer system.
I had mine deactived today.
One of the techs bought home their Ford tech laptop
Hooked up to the port under the dash.
I believe he went into the programmable modules section them to programmable parameter's section to turn them off.
It took him less than 3-4 minutes to do.
It is just as easy to to turn them back on again if required.
As we all know headlights are getting harder to find. preserving the ones we have in our gal's takes on greater importance.
If anyone in the Toronto or GTA is having issues getting a dealer to do this, please contact me & I can help arrange for it to done for you.
Mike

Good information

I too have the factory Ford tools with my facility as such have had the opportunity to deactive them too. The day time running light feature bakes the lens until they begin to spyder crack all over.

I hope that the fellow that worked with you is my freind Master Tech Mike; he is a great contact for all Ford GT owners within his area

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited: