Current original FGT owners get first rights on new GT!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I wish...but who knows, its a whole new Ford Motor Company :) and maybe they will value customer loyalty? How much over MSRP do you think the lucky few dealers will tap the customer for? I'd say 2 times MSRP

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
+1

I would venture to guess that there is only about 1,200 of us (if that)... Only about 50% would probably take advantage of it, then the remaining slots could be doled out to to the remaining builds... It would be the most logical way to avoid ADM by Ford, for the initial launch.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Maybe...... But it's not likely Ford would chance alienating the thousands of other loyal, multiple purchase customers through this perceived "preferential treatment "

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
With only a couple of hundred (estimates between 250-300) per year, and 1200 total over the entire run (and with only a portion of those going to the US), there can be no allocation back to us. We'd take them all... Maybe on some sort of lottery or something like that for 10 or 20 units of annual production, but not for every car made.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Maybe...... But it's not likely Ford would chance alienating the thousands of other loyal, multiple purchase customers through this perceived "preferential treatment "

Most current FGT owners have other Fords, plus if it were going to an original buyer of the GT the odds of it being immediately resold for profit, would be minimized.

Lets face it, I've had mine for 8 years, when I buy the new one I'll own and drive both forever... Giving a New GT to a multi-ford owner (multiple pickups and family cars) that didn't support the original GT, makes little sense to me.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If loyalty programs made any sense, they would offer these to guys who bought 10 F-150s in the past decade. Not that any would necessarily take them, but what is so brand loyal about buying one car that the mfr may or may not have made any profit on 10 years ago?

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Probably leave the decision in the hands of their dealers

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Most current FGT owners have other Fords, plus if it were going to an original buyer of the GT the odds of it being immediately resold for profit, would be minimized.

Lets face it, I've had mine for 8 years, when I buy the new one I'll own and drive both forever... Giving a New GT to a multi-ford owner (multiple pickups and family cars) that didn't support the original GT, makes little sense to me.

If loyalty programs made any sense, they would offer these to guys who bought 10 F-150s in the past decade. Not that any would necessarily take them, but what is so brand loyal about buying one car that the mfr may or may not have made any profit on 10 years ago?

Nothing, Gary. It's just self-serving rationalization that's not rational (no offense, Roadtrip). I'm a multi-Ford owner, but I wouldn't expect preferential treatment when it comes to this car. And to say original owners should get first dibs is silly. I'm a second owner only because I couldn't afford a $150K car back in 05/06. Of course the irony there is I ended up paying $50K more 6 years later, but I'm trying to forget that part:bang

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Nothing, Gary. It's just self-serving rationalization that's not rational (no offense, Roadtrip).

LOL none taken. RaceDeck posted a question, I answered my opinion, self serving or not. Dodge did this with the 96 GTS coupe to keep adjusted market value from affecting their newest flagship car (you had to be an original RT10 owner to get on the list, you got to pick a dealer and buy at MSRP), guys that were the second owners were upset, but thats how it went down. Ford can choose to do what they want, it shouldn't seem like that far fetched of a concept. It can control Dealer markup very easily.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Of course the irony there is I ended up paying $50K more 6 years later, but I'm trying to forget that part:bang

Stop banging. Inflation adjusted, not much difference.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Stop banging. Inflation adjusted, not much difference.

So you're saying our cars haven't actually appreciated in value? Sweet. Imma go pick up a few more at 'inflation adjusted' MSRP!:banana

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What happens when you try to make a bonehead feel better.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Another way to control the dealer from causing buyer animosity by selling the car from whatever they can get (not that there's anything wrong with that...) and also from selling it to one of us loyal GT owners, only to have it flipped on Ebay in a month: "sell" them exclusively on some sort of 4 or 5 year lease arrangement with an option to buy at the adjusted MSRP at the end of the term.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
I bought my 2006 Heritage GT new and for $6K under sticker....just late in the run. I'd love a loyality program, but doubt it. I think they will eventually have a "reasonable" adjustment. 458's were going for tens of thousands over when they came out, but it was "short" lived. Totally different animals, but z28's are easily had $6K under sticker right now. Hellcats started at $20K over and now are typically less than $5K or at list. The production run will absolutely determine where this lands and I agree that if 1200, it will be a frenzy. I'd happily pay $350K for this car...but not if it stickered for $250K. I have read all the discussions regarding the pros and cons, market dictating the price etc... but I just have a problem giving a dealer $50 to $100K for the "priviledge" of buying this car. I have a dozen Fords, many classics, but my wife's Navi, my GT500, and my GT were all purchased new and would hope that the dozens of Fords I have purcahsed over the years stand for something. $20K over sticker, no problem. Dealers should be happy with $20K over for taking an order. Theres no floor plan, local marketing or human capital going into the sale of this vehicle. The dealer will purely be an order taker. I am a die-hard Blue Oval fanatic, want one terribly, but will not pay foolishly...yet.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Totally different animals, but z28's are easily had $6K under sticker right now.

LOL Look again. During the Holidays, Chevy was offering 20% of MSRP rebates on the oldest 15% of dealer's inventory. Numerous buyers picked up $70K+ MSRP Z28's for low 50's. Many happy new owners and many owners who purchased a month previously - pissed!!

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Wow...hadn't seen that. Bad move on Chevy's part...

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I should b on list for 1st rights cus I gave 2 GTs + my Great Grandfather lit up Fords River Rouge plant way back :biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^ Edison descendent? Guessing knowing they were friends.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I am an original owner who " ordered" my car, not picked it up off of the lot & I highly doubt I would get first crack.
Cool concept tho......

Macman

May 13, 2013
Personally I don't believe in the whole loyalty thing. As a younger person interested in the new FGT, I was not in a position to buy the previous generation, so why would I then be thrown to the back of the line, with little hope of getting the new car? Obviously if I was in a position to purchase the previous gen then I would be on the side of customer loyalty but it is all relative.