Curb rashed a rim - ick

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Just noticed that I got a bit of curb rash on one of my rear rims. Dang, only 700 miles too.
Not too serious but I'd like to have a perfect set of parts around - even if they're not all on the car.
Would anyone know of where I can get an 'as new' rear rim (the optional design)? I can order a new one, but they are a bit pricey. Or would anyone who upgraded to aftermarket wheels be willing to part with one?
Thanks,
Rich

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The dealerships have 'em for about $550 ea.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I scratched up a front wheel earlier this year and found a guy here in SoCal that came to my house and did an unreal job filling, sanding and repainting the affected areas with a small air gun. Matched the BBS paint perfectly. Cannot find the repaired spots if you tried. Cost me less than half a new BBS wheel.
He probably won't come up to see you, but maybe he has a buddy up your way.
Son Tran, 714 742 6855, email is onsitewheels@yahoo.com
Good Luck!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The car is ruined now. You just need to throw it out. I know of a place where to can dispose of it. Hell, I'll even pay the disposal fee. :biggrin

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
PM me Rich. I may be able to help. I had a minor curb scrape and replaced the rear wheel. The old one was repaired and is sitting in my garage. Not much use since I can't carry a spare. Helps that you're local. :)

--Mike