Cruise Control

1931imperial

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Has someone came up with a cruise control for our GT's?

Thanks Ron

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Can't wait to hear these responses.

:frown I'm sure "How about a brick on the gas pedal" will be mentioned.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:frown I'm sure "How about a brick on the gas pedal" will be mentioned.

My thought was: "just apply a constant, consistant pressure to the accelerator with the right foot once the desired speed has been achieved." But then, I've always been a smart a--.

Seriously, Ron - WHY do you feel you even need or want one?????:shrug

Whipple? Well -YA!
Cat back? Uh huh!
Short shifter? Mebbe...
WINDSHIELD FILM? ABSA-LOOTLY!

But, a cruise control???:shrug That's right up there with "mud flaps", Sir. Whatever floats your boat, but what's the rational behind your thinking here? ('Nunna my business, 'just curious.)

To answer your question, I doubt anyone will be making a GT specific cruise control. If you really want one, you'd pbly hafta adapt wunna those "universal" kits.

:cheers

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mud flaps rule.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Attachments

• MUDFLAP.jpg
    MUDFLAP.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 373

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Ya know, ackshully - those WOULD keep a lotta crap off'n the side of the car!:thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Did you drill or stick em on?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Did you drill or stick em on?

:slap He put 'em on with a camera...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
When Syco GT and I saw the Stillen car a few months back we didn't even know they were on until we studied the car. You really don't notice them. I am putting them on for the Aug. rally along with a SL bra and then probably re-box them. If I lived and drove in an area with lots of road debris they would stay on full time.

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
:slap He put 'em on with a camera...

That's the picture from the Stillen site....

I do have a set and they have to be "adapted" and trimmed (notched) to account for the side rail, primed and painted.:ack Plan to use original moutning screws to hang them. The back is a different story... Double sided tape?

It's a rainy day project. Right now it's to nice to waste time not driving the beast.:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's the picture from the Stillen site....

I do have a set and they have to be "adapted" and trimmed (notched) to account for the side rail, primed and painted.:ack Plan to use original moutning screws to hang them.

Are they FROM Stillen?

'Adapted from another intended application???

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Are they FROM Stillen?

'Adapted from another intended application???

When I first saw them on Stillens car and asked how much, I was told they were "one offs" and not intended for sale. Later Kyle told me they would make a few sets if there was any interest. They do fit well and were made for a GT. However I think with Stillens install, they trimmed the cars body molding just a bit not worring about keeping the car pristine and orig.(Race car). If your handy with a Dremil tool putting a notch in the supplied guard would be an easy mod. while leaving the car intact. I will attempt to use only tape for the install front and rear. Only the fronts need to be trimmed, the rears will right on.....I think.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
When I first saw them on Stillens car and asked how much, I was told they were "one offs" and not intended for sale. Later Kyle told me they would make a few sets if there was any interest. They do fit well and were made for a GT. However I think with Stillens install, they trimmed the cars body molding just a bit not worring about keeping the car pristine and orig.(Race car). If your handy with a Dremil tool putting a notch in the supplied guard would be an easy mod. while leaving the car intact. I will attempt to use only tape for the install front and rear. Only the fronts need to be trimmed, the rears will right on.....I think.

A shoot, Steve. A guy could MAKE a set himself outta "whatever" bulk material he chooses...

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Has someone came up with a cruise control for our GT's?

Thanks Ron
Ron, I don't think its such a bad idea. I've even asked Genaddi if they could put one on my car. After doing 600 miles on the car in one day, there were times I would have liked to have my foot off the accelerator while driving. My GT500 has cruise control, and on trips to Vegas or Yuma I use it.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hmmm... I guess this thread did get kinda hijacked. Sorry!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
cruise control

Hell, with the cruise control - how do we mount a few cup holders in the GT? Any one else out there spill a 260 deg non-fat latte on their crotch?

Ed

PS Anyone make a roof rack for the GT? Now that would be handy.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
It's all heresy I say! Heresy!! :willy

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
1931imperial, Don't let'em get to you. If you want a cruise control, it's cool. Honestly, I wish I had one on mine, as it would keep me a little more speed legal. But, I don't put a lot of miles on it in the first place, and since it didn't come with one, I probably wouldn't add one even if it were available. But, that's just me. Good luck (BTW, it was interesting to see the mud flaps do a spike after first being used as a benchmark for silliness, and I bet the same thing would happen if the GT Guys offered cruise control as an add on...after all, holding the accelerator to the floor gets mighty tiresome mile after mile!).

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
(BTW, it was interesting to see the mud flaps do a spike after first being used as a benchmark for silliness,

Kinda, sorta.
'BIGGGGGG difference (at least around this part of the country) between MUD FLAPS and those tailored "stone shields" (for want of a better term) Stillen stuck on THEIR car, Roger!!!!!! :lol :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
As far as cupholders go, please wait on the secret project by Stormcat. He has very interesting stuff coming.