''crafted in china''

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
as a result of open brain surgery i have begun having siezures, so i have lost the right to drive. discussed the purchase of the gt with the wife, me thinking along the lines of mothballing it, her, on driving it :thumbsdow here is a grown woman that rear ended a truck because '' she was admiring the reflection of her car in the shop windows'' :willy see where i'm coming from.
i still haven't decided.
but i got a yellow autoart model (to help me decide) turned it upside down and read crafted in china, not MADE but CRAFTED, jeez i'm glad.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
John, so sad to hear about your health issues. I will ad you to my prayers.
There was another guy from Ozland on the forum a couple of weeks ago looking to to a right hand steering conversion. I told him to look you up.
Get better mate!
Cheers,
daniel

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Is there a chance with meds they can settle the seizures?
If not that really sucks. None the less I hope what ever surgery you had is successful with a good recovery otherwise.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
thanks for your well wishes
bony; haven't heard from anyone.
i have to be seizure free for 5 years, without the use of medications before i can drive again :thumbsdow , has to be supported by an eeg.
i wonder if a reference from doc would help? :biggrin
all in all i will come good, there are a lot of people out there worse off.
when i think of them i pick up again.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Jasper, I hope your health situation improves very rapidly - to the point where you can get your driving privileges back. One bit of advice. Don't spend too much time looking at Bony's avatars as they have been known to provoke seizures all by themselves. :biggrin

My recommendation is that you should go for the GT. Your lovely wife can break it in for you and have it all ready when you are better and driving once again. One bit of advice for her. Get her some earplugs. The car is quiet enough but I'm sure that with all of the "back seat" driving advice you'll offer, she will find the ear plugs very useful! C'mon now, we both know it is true!

Quite seriously, I sincerely hope your health situation improves and you can enjoy the driving position once again. In the short interim time, the co-pilot seat of a GT is not such a bad place to be. Best of luck to you, my friend, my thoughts are with you.

Kendall

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Jasper, I sent you a PM.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
thanx kendall

i was thinking a pair of blinkers like they put on the horses, but i'm to scared to suggest it :biggrin .
you picked it when you said back seat driver, she hits a small rough patch on the road and i think me head going to fall off.
if she misses a pothole i tell her to go back, because she missed it :banana
there won't be any thing left of the car after she is finnished breaking it in

piccola returned your pm