Cover sills with ?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
My new-to-me GT's sills have very very few flaws and I'd like to cover them before flaws start. Does anybody have suggestions on what to use that I can do myself at least temporarily so I don't have to cringe every time somebody gets in?

I'm thinking maybe window tint would at least provide some type of blocking layer. Any downsides to that (besides maybe looks)? Other ideas?

Thank you ...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Not sure of this particular product's ease of use or longevity but there are several available out there to choose from.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
PPF, Im still on the film instaled ~15 years ago (outside of the car is on its 3rd)

idigit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 5, 2019
Iowa
I'm going to experiment with Xpel tracwrap. It's made by the same people who sell the Clear Bra stuff and I ordered it from amazon.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I bought an extra set along with the rubber carpets back in 2007 knowing these are “ wearables “! Reasonably priced back then. Not sure on pricing and availability today but would look into it.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
What do y'all think about Vvvivid 3M Clear Paint Protection material? Inexpensive for a 4"W x 48" roll and I can apply it myself. Any downsides to it?