Contemplating Selling 06 GT

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Hi all, I am going to somewhat plagiarize another recent post on here as I too am considering selling my 2006 GT and am hoping to get the opinions from the members of the forum on its value. As far as what platform to sell on, I’ve put a lot of thought into this and believe BAT seems to be the “easiest” way to sell and at fair value. Although, I will likely officially list it here on the forum first before BAT as I had a very good experience buying this car from another member of this forum about 18 months ago and believe the folks here are genuine and as enthusiasts also easy to work with.

More on the car, it’s a 2006 Tungsten stripe delete with about 6500 miles (one of 25 tungsten full stripe delete cars made). I would classify the car as being in excellent condition. It is a two option car with BBS wheels and red calipers (no McIntosh stereo). The car currently sits with a pulley and tune (done by previous owner), bumper delete, short shifter, lowering kit, and X-pipe by Rich Brooks. Extras included are the OEM bumper, stock OEM exhaust with tips for bumper, extra set of grey OEM calipers (car currently has red OEM calipers on it), and car cover. It has just undergone its yearly service at Ford of Sawgrass, Florida by certified tech Brian Owens with no faults found.

The reason for me to consider selling is that I recently left my job to start my own company and although I could afford to keep the car it doesn't feel wise to do so especially given that I don’t drive it enough IMO.

Feel free to PM me with your opinions and thank you!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The main way I know of is to check prior sales at any/all sources you can find. Here's Bring a Trailer's https://bringatrailer.com/ford/gt/

That said, without seeing yours in person, if I assume it's in about a 9.5 / 10 condition, I'd say it might be worth $400k-$425k ... but judging by recent sale prices on BaT it could be $25K or more higher or lower than that.

Good luck with your sale ... and new company 🍻

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A very good reference is here:

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
i am looking to purchase a gt, do you have any pics of this car?

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Thank you for all of the info so far, everyone on this forum is quite knowledgeable. Photos were taken just yesterday and will be available in a few days. Im happy to share with anyone who is interested so please feel free to PM me. @WhippleGT, PM me your email and I will send some to you.

Thanks

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Hey, I used to own that gorgeous car! Some pics from not that long ago are here:

Reactions: Niobond500

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Here are some photos

VHS-1938.jpgIMG_8486.jpgVHS-1960.jpgVHS-1959.jpg

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
VHS-1968.jpgVHS-1975.jpg

Reactions: JWZ

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
I just noticed my first photo makes the front of the car look very weird. The car does NOT look like that!

I tweaked that photo to make the sunset dramatic, and didn't even notice that in doing so I made the car look distorted. I'll post some better photos tomorrow.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow! Great pix! (y) All of em are good, but especially that sunset pic :cool: (I'm not seeing the distortion)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The sunset does indeed look spectacular!

I agree with you on your car, it appears your lighting adjustments may have distorted the front of the car at the passenger side lower corner of the centerpiece and the driver side mid headlight, causing the body work to appear unintentionally warped. The passenger headlight lower cover also has some unusually prominent reverse shadow as well.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I am not seeing any issues with photo...as a tungsten owner too, these look GREAT!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I see it. It looks like the nose piece is warped at the corners.

Weird how software does that.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
If your car is wrapped and you used a polarized lens you get that affect....(likely from trapped debris/slip solution?)

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Hey, I used to own that gorgeous car! Some pics from not that long ago are here:

Could there be a reunion on the horizon?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Could there be a reunion on the horizon?

lol I’m crazy but not that crazy. (Plus, I’d have to give Jason all the money he paid me for the car, and also give him my concours 16k mile 2005 NSX to cover how much the GT has appreciated in 1.5 years!)

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Yes, the car is wrapped and the photographer had a polarized lens. It's interesting how most of the photos he took look like that.

I've been getting a lot of good info/advice from everyone here. Thanks again

If your car is wrapped and you used a polarized lens you get that affect....(likely from trapped debris?)

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
lol I’m crazy but not that crazy. (Plus, I’d have to give Jason all the money he paid me for the car, and also give him my concours 16k mile 2005 NSX to cover how much the GT has appreciated in 1.5 years!)
Worth doing IMO :)

Reactions: tpraceman

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

But worth it.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I just noticed my first photo makes the front of the car look very weird. The car does NOT look like that!

I tweaked that photo to make the sunset dramatic, and didn't even notice that in doing so I made the car look distorted. I'll post some better photos tomorrow.
Well, now that you pointed it out 😅 I'm seeing it elsewhere! 😱 Check out this pic of the NGT currently on BaT:

2019_ford_gt-carbon-edition_039_web-scaled.jpg