Concours Italiano in Monterey, California

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Please add Barry and Arlette, I mean Mr. and Mrs. Flagstaff GT, to the Friday night dinner (at Stokes). Saturday night will see us in Palm Springs. Thx.
B & A

Raddox

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 24, 2006
Fair Oaks, CA
Bony,
If there's room please add Lurlene and Bill to the dinner list.
Bill

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ok Friday night dinner is closed, 12 nice people.
Let me know if you all want to do a Saturday at MonTrio at 6pm. Need to move now if we want a reservation.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Well, eleven nice people. And me. I never said my wife had good taste.
Decide for yourselves, soon!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
rick, your covered for dinner for four more.

Last edited:

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
I'll be there because I have a prototype vehicle that RM is auctioning for me so maybe I can meet some of you.:cheers

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
Between all my friends in the Lambo Club and you guys, I have a feeling this is going to be a fun weekend! I'm staying at the Mariposa. Is there one person that I should PM my cell number to that will be in charge of getting together?

My car (lot 587) goes off at RM on Saturday night, if all goes well...PARTY!!

Tony

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
my cell is 559 246 7943... and no Wallace knows better than to come to our dinner and sell his books :)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I invited him. He said you were close friends... Sorry I thought you kissed and made up???

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Mr. W tried to show up at our June Le Mans 41st anniversary rally in Malibu, but we kndly informed him he was not invited, and that we didn't want any of his books!~

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
sounds pretty harsh...I for one actually liked his book...what is everyone's beef with him anyway?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
He has been insulting to Mr. Shelby and the Ford team. I refused to talk to him and for one am glad they threw him out. FJP

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Really? Well OK, good enough for me, sorry I was the last to know or I would not bought the books, thanks

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Take a look in the 1997 SAAC Registry (p1318-19) and then you will know what this is all about. He wrote the book Shelby's Wildlife. I won't say anymore. :ack

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
We best keep our comments on the up and up, but suffice it to say, Herr W has generated a fair number of unpopular opinions from both the Shelby Crowd and the GT group. I am sure he is a wonderful person, but he won't be on my Christmas list! :thumbsdow

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am wondering since we have created a fair number of contacts between So Cal and Mid Cal GT owners, that a weekend in the Fall in the Fresno area may be a good social and car oriented event? How far is Fresno from LA? Do you guys have a "Crystal Palace" type place similar to Bakersfield that could accommodate for GTs in a manner that we would not be worried about our cars during the night? I am still wondering if I'll ever get a bony Maker's Mark Manhattan?

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I am wondering since we have created a fair number of contacts between So Cal and Mid Cal GT owners, that a weekend in the Fall in the Fresno area may be a good social and car oreinted event? How far is Fresno from LA? Do you guys have a "Crystal Palace" type place similar to Bakersfield that could accommodate for GTs in a manner that we would not be worried about our cars during the night? I am still wondering if I'll ever get a bony Maker's Mark Manhattan?

That sounds good to me Eric. There are several hotels in the area that would work or we could stay at Bony's place. He has a big garage. As far as miles, I think it would be about 200 for you one way. I'm kinda curious about that "Maker's" thing myself. :thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Tony,

I like the idea of assigning bony all the particulars, accomodations, driving route, libation menus and expenses, and overall cooridnation of future Fresno event. We must have covered parking, however. :cheers

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I'm in.........

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006