competition driver restraint system for the GT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I installed my 6 point driver restraint system on my GT this weekend. It took less than an hour. There are quite a few systems available but I chose Crow Enterprises. I bought it from Livermore Performance because they are nice guys, helpful & are into open tracks. 925-292-5522

www.livermoreperformance.com

The eyebolts supplied by Livermore Performance bolted right into the shoulder belt holes Ford provides on the firewall; however, the lap/5th & 6th point belts were not as easy. The 2005 Ford GT Dealer Handbook states "The Ford GT comes with a standard 3 point restraint system. It is also equipped with the mounting points for a 5-point competition-style harness." I could not find any other mounting points other than the shoulder points. The common way to do it on street cars is to replace the stock lap belt bolts with the supplied eyebolts but there is no room for this on the GT. I drilled a hole in the bracket in front of the stock lap belt hole to mount the eyebolt. There is less than 5mm of space between the eyebolts & sill side/center tunnel side but that is enough as you can see in the photos. The belts snap on & off in seconds. The center tunnel side space is tight with the stock belt latch. If you have large hands & fingers it may pose a challenge to unsnap the competition lap & 5th/6th point belts. The 5th/6th (sometimes erroneously referred to as anti-submarine) belts are no longer attached to the floor in front of the seat. They are attached to the same point as the lap belt & you sit on part of the belt.

driver_s_left_eyebolt.JPG

driver_s_right_eyebolt_with_seat_installed.JPG

lap___5th_6th_point_eyebolt.JPG

shoulder_eyebolt_with_seat_completely_back.JPG

shoulder_eyebolts.JPG

Thanks again to nota4re for help on the photos.

Ed

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
cool - I'm ordering mine soon.. great pics