Competion Belt Bar DONE and available

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I have been working on this off and on for a couple months now. I hand made a couple prototypes and one was in my car at the Rally. Some of you showed interest and asked if you could get a set. Heritage Bruce had been pushing me to build them. We toyed with lots of different designs. But decided on something simple that looks like the car came with it. The finish is a light brush, anodized clear then laser engraved. They closely match the finish on the shift knob. They look better on the car than in the pics. I need Syco to teach me camera skills.

I finally got my friend to run a few sets for me. I have 25 pairs to pick up from the anodizer Sat Am and will have them laser engraved, with luck, by Tuesday night. Meaning,they will be available to ship mid -late next week.

If you would like a Set or Single PM me.

They are not real expensive, compared to other parts. It's just something I did for myself and thought others could benefit. There is just enough clearance to wrap the belt and still tuck the extra material behind the bar and pouch. It just looks cleaner this way. The belts can be left in, and hung behind the pouch, taking NO extra space.

Even if you don't hang belts, they just look cool. People will ask what is that for?. "Oh, My competiton belts mount there". Everyone I have shown thinks they are a factory piece or came off a prototype car.

Instructions included, super easy install. Pics on how to wrap the belts and get the adjustment almost perfect the first time. Also included are some 3m clear bra pads to be used behind the bar. If you decide to remove it later it will prevent scratches or witness marks.

Note: The last pic shows a 6 point harness set up in a GT. I notice lots of folks have not seen exactly how things attach. So I thought this may be helpful. This is using the bar above and the BK clips from Livermore. It's not adjusted, just clipped in to show how it works.

You sit on the V that replaces the crotch belt in a 5 point. The point of the V goes between your legs and clips to the cam lock assy. There are a lot of good belt mfg's out there. These happen to be from Crow and are sized for a C5 corvette with the BK set-up. The C5 set-up is shorter, so the length is not a custom fit, but not bad at all. I also have sets of New Sparco, Diest, older Simpson and they are wayyyy long.

Attachments

• IMG_7029 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7029 (Medium).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,727
  • IMG_7050 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7050 (Medium).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_7064 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7064 (Medium).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,714
  • IMG_7067 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7067 (Medium).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,715
  • IMG_7103 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7103 (Medium).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,723

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nicely done. :thumbsup:thumbsup

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Very nicely done. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks, for the kind words Chris. They look even better in person.

7 spoken for so far, 18 sets left.

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
How much.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice job! What are they going for?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
150 a pair shipped, or 75 for 1. Includes some 3M clear bra for behind the bar so you don't mark up the paint, instructs and a couple other free goodies. Pm me for shipping , billing details.

13 sets spoken for, 12 sets left

Thanks guys

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Thanks guys,

I have five sets that are not spoken for as of midnite Friday.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I'm in...

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Getbit,

I got your PM Thank You. I sent one back as well.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Thanks. Nice work!

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Seat Belt Bar

I'm in for one set.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hi Wally,

I've been away with my family enjoying a weekend of HS reunion festivities.

Thanks for the update. I'd like an engraved set.

You did a nice job on the photographs and product. Very cool.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Thanks Syco GT , AMB and HHGT.

Your sets are reserved. PM's sent.

Paulo5656 Thanks for stopping by and sharing some of the info you have found on the differences in the builds of the cars.

Only a couple left Guys....Thank You

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
I would like to purchase a set of two harness rails.
Thanks for producing these.
Gary

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
PM sent, I'd like a set.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Fry-FtrGT and Jdoc yours are reserved. Thank You Very Much

Thank You all very much. Pm's were sent to all the ordered except the two above. I will do that sometime tonite. Honey Do work is calling.

SOLD OUT ! for now. I have one quote that was unconfirmed. I will let you guys know if that set comes available. Don't want to put someone out that just decided to go play for the weekend. I will wait for a reply to the PM I sent.

If there is enough interest I will see about a second run next month. Please Pm me if you have interest at a later date. Thanks Again.

itsthe1

GT Owner
Jun 5, 2007
Escondido, CA
Let me know if more are available - Thanks

vfc

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2007
If still available, I'd like a set too. Pleae PM me.
Thanks

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
After seeing the set you sent to ChrisA.....I'm in for a set as well.

Outstanding workmanship. :thumbsup

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I need a couple. Whenever you're ready.

Bruce