Cold Click Click

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Does anybody knows what a click click noise after starting the engine when cold ?? the noise disapears upon warming.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've always assumed it was the air conditioning - but could be wrong.

You should drive a vintage Aston, the range of farts, pops, grunts, crackles and toots is amazing!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Chirp or click?

stevo said:
Does anybody knows what a click click noise after starting the engine when cold ?? the noise disapears upon warming.
Stevo,

Does it sound more like a bird chirping than a clicking sound? I have a chirping sound on mine when cold. I haven't had time to troubleshoot it yet...

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Yes, between chirping and knocking. wud also think there is a sort of succion noise also. Ford here doesn't know the car (not imported) and want to dismantle every thing to check....

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
I'll try to buy one next time...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
At engine start up in the morning I get a click or chirping sound that appears to be in cadence with the engine. After a while it goes away not to re-appear the rest of the day no matter how many times I re-start...even if the engine has sat and cooled for a while.

This happened as well when I first purchased the car. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the belt to the blower and it went away (at least that was their explanation).

Nonetheless, the chirp has returned. Any ideas?

If it is the belt...why?

Thanks in advance.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
On the Viper that clicking noise is the fuel injectors, you may want to try putting a length of hose in one ear and the other by the injectors. After that you can put the hose anywhere you want.

Aug 25, 2006
At engine start up in the morning I get a click or chirping sound that appears to be in cadence with the engine. After a while it goes away not to re-appear the rest of the day no matter how many times I re-start...even if the engine has sat and cooled for a while.

This happened as well when I first purchased the car. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the belt to the blower and it went away (at least that was their explanation).

Nonetheless, the chirp has returned. Any ideas?

If it is the belt...why?

Thanks in advance.

As we discussed; it is likely the belt however you need to repeat the soap test and then we will have the answer

Takes care

Shadowman