cockpit glass shield cracking

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Is there a thread on this? Anyone had a the glass partition between cockpit and the engine compartment crack?

Related to any mods made on the engine?

Woboose had his crack.

Green Beret

Green Beret
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
Danville,Calif
I had mine replaced shortly after taking delivery in October 2005 under warranty.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Some folks had theirs crack because the seat back was hitting it. You can buy rubber bumpers (I have them, though I can't remember who I bought them from) that screw into existing threads in the firewall.

I believe a Forum member had this happen to them when they were driving to attend Rally II in Newport Beach.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Thought I had heard of all the known possible problems, but this is a first for me.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Some folks had theirs crack because the seat back was hitting it. You can buy rubber bumpers (I have them, though I can't remember who I bought them from) that screw into existing threads in the firewall.

I believe a Forum member had this happen to them when they were driving to attend Rally II in Newport Beach.

CooltechLLC.com aka nota4re has them
http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford/gt_window_savers_with_torx.htm

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Cooltech (Kendall) offered (offers?) the seat bumpers.

On a thread entitled, "Creaking in rear window or firewall", Shadowman posted the following:

"You need to be aware that it remains my understanding that more than one rear window has been lost as the result of seat contact.

Kendall aka Cooltech offered at one time some nice rubber bumpers that secure in the OEM holes to address this issue

Takes care

Shadowman"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Krymuny, Mike! Great minds "source alike!" If I hadn't "cut & pasted" I'da BEAT ya! :rofl :thumbsup :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yes

Is there a thread on this? Anyone had a the glass partition between cockpit and the engine compartment crack?

Related to any mods made on the engine?

Woboose had his crack.

I believe Shesgotlegs had his crack.

Chip