ClearPlex Who's In

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Let me ask a dumb question and maybe I missed it but what are you guys buying ? (skin for what part of the car ?)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
windshield

JoeZ

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2014
I am in for one. Put me down. Thank you.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
See if there is an installer near you: http://www.clearplex.com/pages/find

IDK what it means to be listed as an installer. Maybe these places paid ClearPlex to be listed? There doesn't seem to be any assurance that goes with the listings. EDIT: Found this..."The Distributor for your country or region ensures that your dealer is trained to install ClearPlex® film with the highest standard of quality. The Dealer who works on your vehicle and the Installer who puts the film on your vehicle's glass know how to work on all types of windshields, from the standard sedan to the most complex buses, classic cars and luxury cars."

Re parking lot installation. I think you would want as close to a dust free environment as possible and with the best lighting possible. Like you would want for a paint booth. And some temp/humidity control. And you might not want a guy under time pressure to get 30 of these done as quickly as possible, dripping sweat and swatting flies as a bird craps directly overhead with a thunderstorm moving in. I will have mine done locally.

Last edited:
What's the status of this order now? Price, payment, delivery time, etc.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just put one on my GT2 and my FGT.
Came out perfect .I had a friend install it who does window tinting.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Closest to me per your link is 170 miles away.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
windshield

Thanks, I'll take one if still available, please advise payment method and delivery logistics (for those who will not attend the rally and would like home delivery).

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
+1
Thanks, I'll take one if still available, please advise payment method and delivery logistics (for those who will not attend the rally and would like home delivery).

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
If this is deal till alive, please advise lead time, shipping, and payment method etc... thanks !

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Car I get one for a 2008 GT3 RS? I already have one on my FGT.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I'm in for one if they can still be ordered.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Car I get one for a 2008 GT3 RS? I already have one on my FGT.

http://www.clearplexusa.com/2005-2012-porsche-911/

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
I would like one as well, if still available to jump on board.

Thanks!

Jason

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Can you please update the list at the start of the thread so we can confirm who you have as "in". Thanks!!

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California
ClearPlex

I am in for 2
Thanks Trent

GT Bill

FRC

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
KY
I'd take one if still available

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Can you please update the list at the start of the thread so we can confirm who you have as "in". Thanks!!

I will have some time this weekend to get it updated. Sorry for the delay with moving my shop there have been many late/ all nighters, got home at 4 this morning, which has kept me away from the forum.

I wanted to leave the post up for a bit to allow for any additional requests and it looks like there are quite a few so that was a good idea.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Trent

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I will have some time this weekend to get it updated. Sorry for the delay with moving my shop there have been many late/ all nighters, got home at 4 this morning, which has kept me away from the forum.

I wanted to leave the post up for a bit to allow for any additional requests and it looks like there are quite a few so that was a good idea.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Trent

I have a Bud light chilled and ready for you.:cheers

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Thanks Jeff, after the last couple of months it is greatly appreciated - and needed.

I have updated the original post and if anyone would like one shipped, instead of Detroit delivery, please send me the address & I will get a total price with shipping . The skin is $175.00 + freight.

I can collect on delivery at the rally or if you wish to send PayPal my acct. is surfnbythelake@shaw.ca & I can also take cc as well if that works.

Cheers
Trent