clear film protection

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
1st, I would like to know what is a fair price to pay for the clear film to be install on the complete nose of the GT and lower rocker panels.
2nd, do most off you recomend doing this...........

Thanks

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Sal,

I don't know about the cost, but IMHO it is cheap insurance. I've seen way too many nice cars covered with rock chips.

The only thing I wonder is the clear film must change the light as it enters through, if not even by a little amount. Is it possible that this film magnifies heat and/or light and may speed up or change the UV fade in the clear coat?

Along the lines of decals on a squad car (or any car for that matter) when the decal is removed you can see how bright the paint used to be under it and compare it to the natural UV fade around it.

Just something us crazy detailing nuts think about...

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
3M & Venutre Shield films from Stickercity.com

You can get the films from stickercity.com

They have ventureshield & 3M. 3M has a 5yr warranty, Venture has a lifetime warranty. I have read the Venture is better & is also cheaper. They also have install kits if want to do it your self.
I have 3M on my Murci which is OK, but I'll go with the Venture when its time to do the GT which will be in a few weeks.

http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=2378

http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=427

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
sticker city is the best talk to dean, tell him kevin sent ya.:cheers

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I paid $1500 installed. The panels covered were;
Front bumper - wrapping around to wheel well
front hood up to windshield
inside edges of radiator inlet (not typically included)
headlamps
fog lamps
side valances
rear valances
leading edge of side scoops

I have an all black car (zero stripes). You have to look real hard to see the clear cover. You will detect an orange peel appearance (people that want to find fault with your car will point it out to you).

The installer told me to use rubbing alcohol to take out any scratches (which I have yet to require). I also have the 'Plexus' plastic cleaner.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
clear film

Sal,
I had AUTOBAHN do my gt a 911 cup car , Excursion and a mint 87 911. He also did my best friends new z06. cost for the GT,z06 450.00 cash!!!
250each for the 911"s Down side he is in MA. He did them in my garage on a sat. If you are interested pm me.I can give you his # and you can sort it out .If he will not go out of state you can use my garage if you like.Let me know if I can be of any help! Excellent product.
Ron

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I went with VentureShield from StickerCity.

They have a pricing structure that is set depending on which pieces you need. They should be able to provide a quick and accurate price quote.

I worked with Dean on my Black GT.

I was very skeptical and did not like the idea of a clear bra on a black car. But the clarity is great. And it definitely gives peace of mind. I have to say, I would recommend it. Good for the group drives too, so you no longer have to stay 500 feet back from all the other cars in paranoid fear of chips...

Last edited:

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Lexshield in Phoenix is quoting me 950 installed for ventureshield. Said it would take 5 hours. That is 4 kits.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Paid 1200 for 3m at Driving Expressions in Sarasota Fla. Would not drive the car without it. Worth every penny. My only car without it is a lease car.

Last edited:

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
I went with VentureShield from StickerCity.

They have a pricing structure that is set depending on which pieces you need. They should be able to provide a quick and accurate price quote.

I worked with Dean on my Black GT.

I was very skeptical and did not like the idea of a clear bra on a black car. But the clarity is great. And it definitely gives peace of mind. I have to say, I would recommend it. Good for the group drives too, so you no longer have to stay 500 feet back from all the other cars in paranoid fear of chips...

Guy it seems that most of you are using Ventureshield...It that the best clear film out on the market ?............

Last edited:

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
clear film

Guy's it seams that most of you are using Ventureshield, is that one of the best out on the market?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Year and a half ago I paid $1400 for the whole kit installed. Stuff's called First Cut Invisa Bra. After a 2000 mile run to and from Indy, there were some scuffs on the nose piece of the car. Ground in bug strikes which occured "at speed". The product has a lifetime guarantee. My guy warranteed it and replaced a couple of pieces for free. No damage to the paint of my white car. Good insurance policy. I'm going to add a windshield protection film next.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
German I believe Iam the first guy in Ontario to use the Venture shield. It is great. Nobody notices it is even there. On a white car very tough to do. Have used 3m turns yellow and has an orange peel finish. There were pictures of my car done with the venture shield posted earlier on the site.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
www.clearmask.com for options and prices.

FortunaUno

Apr 4, 2007
Here are pics of 06FordGT's car done in VentureShield:

Hood
Fenders
Front Bumper
Rocker Panels
Rear Wheel Impact Area
Side Intake Lip
Door Sills
Lower Door(Inside)

P1011306.jpg

P1011308.jpg

P1011309.jpg

P1011305.jpg

P1011310.jpg

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
FotunaUno thx for posting the pics. I couldn't find them quickly.
These are a true examples!!