Clarkson ragging on the GT - again

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
On tonight's Top Gear Clarkson was badmouthing the new GT referring to the alarm issues he had with his 05. Likes the NSX so looks like we won't have to worry about him getting allocated a new GT.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
JackAss doesn't deserve one.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Even if he liked it and could get one, he won't fit in it. He said been there done that, but honestly who really cares ?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
He might just be the only person I've read that does like the NSX better. I have a real love/hate with that show.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Listening to Jeremy Clarkson's personal view on cars is like listening to Mike Moore rant about "American Sniper." Who cares?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
His problem was with the security system that the Brits mandate. Was it even a Ford factory part or was it something the locals came up with to meet the "law"? No fair blaming Ford for an aftermarket part.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
They crushed the Hurracan too..

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I stopped watching British top gear last year. I think they ran out of interesting stuff to cover. I probably missed the shopping cart race across Africa.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
His problem was with the security system that the Brits mandate. Was it even a Ford factory part or was it something the locals came up with to meet the "law"? No fair blaming Ford for an aftermarket part.

Roush Technologies LTD prepped/modded the 101 European export GTs for local regulations (e.g., security system for UK, more muffling for Germany and France, etc.). They recommended a security system for the UK to Ford. Ford said no, use this one instead. It didn't work very well. So yeah...Ford had to approve everything...just like all the contract work on the US GTs.

A fellow forumite (named Phil, I think) bought Clarkson's GT. Last I heard, he was quite happy with it.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
He may have complained and sold his GT, but he subsequently bought it back and kept it for a while

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Why would anyone watch Clarkson anyway. Very dull show.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
+1
Listening to Jeremy Clarkson's personal view on cars is like listening to Mike Moore rant about "American Sniper." Who cares?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Top Gear isn't very exciting anymore. The shtick is stale.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Top Gear isn't very exciting anymore. The shtick is stale.

True, but where else can you see a quality video of a lime green Huracan being abused? In slow motion no less.

I'm wondering if JC was poking fun at himself a bit. Guess we will have to wait until the new GT is on.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Lately they've been more into the "going places" thing that really looking at cars. When was the last time we saw The Stig take a car on the track and rank it on their board?

The a** wupping they took in Argentina was a little weird. It was a beautiful place though.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
In his full blown review of GT (original in Detroit, and later crossing Cali with Viper, ZR1) he was literally waxing with tears....saying its epic and all that is right with super cars.

What truly is the worst, is American Top Gear...with 2 chunky dudes and a skinny dude trashing 80s econoboxes.

As an aside, I think their historical commentaries on cars/nations is utterly epic. Their review of Volkswagen/Porsche racist history would not be allowed by any US station....imagine Fordlandia's nutty utopia on Velocity?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I certainly watch alot of the various British automotive presenters but the whole thing is now getting a bit old. It basically boils down to:

- Lurid powerslides
- If not lurid enough - car understeers, I don't like
- If tires turn into a smoke show - it's a weapon, fantastic

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Roush Technologies LTD prepped/modded the 101 European export GTs for local regulations (e.g., security system for UK, more muffling for Germany and France, etc.). They recommended a security system for the UK to Ford. Ford said no, use this one instead. It didn't work very well. So yeah...Ford had to approve everything...just like all the contract work on the US GTs.

A fellow forumite (named Phil, I think) bought Clarkson's GT. Last I heard, he was quite happy with it.
Yup, that's me! Still have the car and it's fine. Even the alarm.

Actually it's a good system. You have to carry a small keycard as well as the remote on the key. If it's not in the car when it moves they ring you up. If you're retarded you'll always forget the card and they'll always ring..... You can, if you like, tell them to disable that feature. Still, much better story to say it rings me up all the time.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Clarkson is a clown...that's what he's intended to be in the show, and that's exactly what he is.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
He is approaching Pawn Stars status--sad