Clamshell bumpers

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Why not machine the whole part out of ABS, nylon or UHMW?

Now that we are having inserts made for the aluminum version, we are doing a 100% Delrin version.

Reactions: HighHP

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I got .a set a couple of years ago, i believe they were from a Mustang...minimal cost, still working

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I think I found it. Under $30 for the pair. unscrew the plug in doohickey and use the nuts from the old ones. I believe the spring is sturdier than the original.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Hi Michael,

I'd like two set if available. Should have gotten two set of your ARP bolts.

Thank you,

Bruce

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think I found it. Under $30 for the pair. unscrew the plug in doohickey and use the nuts from the old ones. I believe the spring is sturdier than the original.

Same unit. If they are like every one I have been buying, the rubber top has aged out and falls apart. The spring assembly isn’t the problem.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
these are an aftermarket reproduction, so the rubber should be fresher.

Reactions: TO AWSUM

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Well, dang. Wish I knew that several months ago when I was trying to get a member who reported to be working on it to get going on this.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It would also be nice if someone built a database of cross model parts where both are identical but had different part numbers. Like the side marker light that is from a Land Rover.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Well, I am in production now. The Delrin tops should last way longer than any rubber and the aluminum version with Delrin inserts should too, but add a bit of bling.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thank you for your interest in this! GT community incredible!
I would be interested as well!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ok, I have 22 pairs made of aluminum with Delrin inserts (as shown earlier) and will start shipping to those who have reached out to me. A cardboard USPS mailing envelope shipped is $10.

The machinist made 5 pairs of complete Delrin tops. They are shaped exactly like the aluminum, just 100% Delrin.

He can make more of either version when we run out.

Aluminum/Delrin version is $30 (pair)

All Delrin version is $18 (pair)

Attachments

• IMG_2683.jpeg
    IMG_2683.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: Vince H

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'll take a set of Aluminum/Delrin version is $30 (pair) if any available. PM me payment details

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks great! Yes, please let us know how you prefer to receive payment. Looks like a great product at a super price- a very nice thing for you to take on for the GT community- thank you so much!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for the purchases, I will get everything squared away this weekend and P/M everyone for mailing addresses.

We can make more if the demand is there.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks great! Yes, please let us know how you prefer to receive payment. Looks like a great product at a super price- a very nice thing for you to take on for the GT community- thank you so much!

Thank you Clint. Yes, these are just for us here. It’s fun to solve a small problem for those of us using our cars.

I am not trying to be a vendor (I waited for another vendor to come out with something first) Just trying to cover the cost to make them, get them packaged and shipped out. I do have a sweetheart deal with a retired machinist which helps immensely. When I did the A.R.P. Valve cover bolts, it was a little bit of a pucker situation as I had to buy $15,000 worth to get the price down, then about 25% of the “buyers” never came through on their end. Ended up finding homes for them all over time thankfully.

We know the Delrin is much better than the original plastic/rubber hybrid material but it isn’t indestructible. We will need to monitor wear characteristics over time to determine the lifespan. The inserts for the aluminum and the 100% Delrin will be replaceable.

Well, technically, it’s all replaceable. But the point being we can service either one.

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaGT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I will respond to everyone's P/M this weekend. Thanks

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Cool! :cool: I'll take a pair, and you can decide which version I get (y) Thanks! 🍻

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
PM sent. Aluminum set if possible. Cool stuff. Thanks!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Will take combo pair
Thanks for your efforts!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime