ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The last time we had a Texas Rally a number of members driving or trailering from the west gathered in Scottsdale for a day of revelry en route to Austin. We are going to do it again. Festivities will begin in Scottsdale with dinner at Don & Charlie's at 7:00 PM on Monday September 12. :cheers :cheers Secure monitored parking will be provided for GT's. Accommodations on the nights of Monday the 12th and Tuesday the 13th will be at the Marriott Old Town Inn Suites in Scottsdale. Secure and separate underground parking will be provided for GT's at the hotel. On Tuesday Sep 13 at 11:00 AM lunch will be catered at my home by Honey Bear's BBQ. The bar will be open and everything is complimentary of course. After lunch we will drive to Falcon Field to climb into and tour the world's finest fully restored B-17 bomber "Sentimental Journey". That could change if the aircraft gets scheduled to fly out of state on that date but an equally interesting event will be substituted in that event. Dinner on Tuesday night will be up in Carefree, AZ at a fun location. The following morning (Wednesday) our crew will depart from the Marriott at 7:00 AM for a ten hour drive to Fort Stockton, Texas. I'll arrange for hotel rooms there and a group dinner. Departure from Fort Stockton at 7:00 AM Thursday morning the 15th for a 5 hour drive to Austin and Rally 11 headquarters in Austin. This will get us to COTA in time to see practice and pit activities.

Here is everything you need to get the good guy rates I have procured for this event. On Monday and Tuesday nights (Sep. 12 & 13) we will be staying at the "Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town" in Scottsdale, AZ. Our rate is $235 per night (normally $369) and there will be separate secure underground parking for the GT's. You can follow this link -

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...6`9/14/16`08/31/16&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

to get your room or.....

Call (800) 228-9290 and tell the agent you are booking for the nights on Sep. 12 & 13 in Scottsdale AZ at the "Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town" and that you want the "Ford GT Rally Room Block" rate of $235 per night.

On the night on Sep. 14 we will be staying at the "Best Western Plus" hotel in Fort Stockton, TX. They have secure parking with cameras for the GT's. To get your room in Fort Stockton for the night of Sep. 14 call them at (432) 336-7000 and ask for the "Ford GT Rally" rate which is $109.99 per night.

If you have any trouble please call my cell at (602) 430-4877.

We have had some spectacular Rallies to the Rally over the years and this year is going to be no exception. So....be there or be square! Spend some time on the road with your GT friends. Post up here if you are thinking about joining us. Take a couple extra days, save big on shipping your GT, and do what it was meant to do, DRIVE IT!!!! All the best.

Chip

List of attendees.

1. Chip Beck - 3
2. JWZ
3. Blue Moose - John & Michelle - 2
4. Apollo - Terry & Monica - 2
5. Partssmann
6. Fenzo (meeting in Fort Stockton)
7. Flagstaff GT - Barry & Arlette - 2
8. The GT Guy (meeting in Fort Stockton) - 2
9. JBG - John Glatz - 1
10. GT Tech - 2

Last edited:

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks for top billing, Chip. I will have a guest with me but if food is short, I will tell him not to eat anything.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
The plan looks great, Chip, but don't you have an extra day in there? I think we will get to Austin on Wednesday while Marriott check-in on Thursday. I'm so confused!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
John and Michele are in for the festivities!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm so confused!

Dave, thats the marbles dropping out of the bag:wink:facepalm::lol:rofl

:cheers
Anders

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Dave, thats the marbles dropping out of the bag:wink:facepalm::lol:rofl

:cheers
Anders

Don't remind me.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Chip,
We had a blast at the last time. Monica and I are probably driving out with a GT in tow, no not ours... :biggrin We would love to join the group and tag along to Fort Stockton and on to Austin. We will probably miss the first day of festivities, but will check in with you as we get a little closer to the trip.
:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hi Chip,
We had a blast at the last time. Monica and I are probably driving out with a GT in tow, no not ours... :biggrin We would love to join the group and tag along to Fort Stockton and on to Austin. We will probably miss the first day of festivities, but will check in with you as we get a little closer to the trip.
:thumbsup

Cool Terry, I look forward to seeing you in Scottsdale.

Chip

ed.life

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2012
Victoria B.C. Canada
ace co-pilot avalible for Rally 11

Last year I Rallied to the Rally and really enjoyed the trip. Chip's event sounds like a great start to yet another Rally not to be missed. If you are thinking about going and would like some company , I'm your guy , easy going with a sharp eye for speed traps ......ed.life 2006 #1899
Gentlemen,

The last time we had a Texas Rally a number of members driving or trailering from the west gathered in Scottsdale for a day of revelry en route to Austin. We are going to do it again. Festivities will begin in Scottsdale with dinner at Don & Charlie's at 7:00 PM on Monday September 12. :cheers :cheers Secure monitored parking will be provided for GT's. Accommodations on the nights of Monday the 12th and Tuesday the 13th will be at the Marriott Old Town Inn Suites in Scottsdale. Secure and separate underground parking will be provided for GT's at the hotel. I'll procure and post a good guy rate within a couple days. On Tuesday Sep 13 at 11:00 AM lunch will be catered at my home by Honey Bear's BBQ. The bar will be open and everything is complimentary of course. After lunch we will drive to Falcon Field to climb into and tour the world's finest fully restored B-17 bomber "Sentimental Journey". That could change if the aircraft gets scheduled to fly out of state on that date but an equally interesting event will be substituted in that event. Dinner on Tuesday night will be up in Carefree, AZ at a fun location. The following morning (Wednesday) our crew will depart from the Marriott at 7:00 AM for a ten hour drive to Fort Stockton, Texas. I'll arrange for hotel rooms there and a group dinner. Departure from Fort Stockton at 7:00 AM Thursday morning the 15th for a 5 hour drive to Austin and Rally 11 headquarters in Austin. This will get us to COTA in time to see practice and pit activities.

We have had some spectacular Rallies to the Rally over the years and this year is going to be no exception. So....be there or be square! Spend some time on the road with your GT friends. Post up here if you are thinking about joining us. Take a couple extra days, save big on shipping your GT, and do what it was meant to do, DRIVE IT!!!! All the best.

Chip

List of attendees.

1. Chip & Lynda
2. Hilo Dave
3. Blue Moose
4. Apollo

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Chip,

I'm 99% on meeting you in Fort Stockton, if you'll have me. Will be just the GT and me driving from Denver, wife is flying into Austin on Thurs.

Do folks waze in the NM, TX region?

Thanks for setting this up.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Arlette and I are just finishing up our Lake Powell houseboat trip so we plan to get out early Wednesday morning to meet the crew in Scottsdale at 7am -Austin bound.
Barry

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Arlette and I are just finishing up our Lake Powell houseboat trip so we plan to get out early Wednesday morning to meet the crew in Scottsdale at 7am -Austin bound.
Barry

See you soon Barry. Looking forward to the day we can Rally in our NFGT's!!!

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
7 GT's and counting!! Join us!!!

Gentlemen,

We have a 7 GT convoy so far and the more the merrier. Free food and booze at my place and those who have been here before know we do things right. In the words of our Moderator Emeritus Daniel Bonyhadi, "All Rallies Begin in Scottsdale!" Don't miss it. Here's the latest list.

List of attendees.

1. Chip Beck & Lynda
2. Hilo Dave
3. Blue Moose - John & Michelle
4. Apollo - Terry & Monica
5. Cobra Guy
7. Flagstaff GT - Barry & Arlette
8. The GT Guy (meeting in Fort Stockton)

Last edited:

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Planning on meeting up with the group Wednesday evening in Ft Stockton.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Planning on meeting up with the group Wednesday evening in Ft Stockton.

Rich,

We'll have a great dinner in Fort Stockton and a rocking drive into Austin. Glad you are joining us in your Camilo Special Edition GT!!

Chip

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I am still confirming my schedule. What started as a planned drive might become a fly-in due to other obligations (stupid work...), but if I drive I'll want to experience the R-to-R.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Continuing to grow!

Gentlemen,

JGB, aka John Glatz will be joining us with his red no stripe GT for this event. Our hotel in Fort Stockton is the Best Western Plus, Fort Stockton, TX. We will be staying there on the night of September 14. Call them at (432) 336-7000 and ask for the Ford GT Rally group rate which is $110 for the night. They have secure parking with security cameras for our GTs. Our hotel in Scottsdale for the nights of Sep. 12 &13 will be the Marriott Scottsdale Old Town Inn Suites. I'll have a group rate arranged by Tuesday so hold off on calling them till then but get your rooms in Fort Stockton now. This is going to be another great Rally to the Rally so don't miss it!!

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Current list of attendees.

1. Chip Beck & Lynda
2. Hilo Dave
3. Blue Moose - John & Michelle
4. Apollo - Terry & Monica
5. Cobra Guy
7. Flagstaff GT - Barry & Arlette
8. The GT Guy (meeting in Fort Stockton)
9. JBG - John Glatz

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
You guys/gals are going to have a great trip and make quite a statement out on the road. Be safe and see you all in Austin.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Rich,

We'll have a great dinner in Fort Stockton and a rocking drive into Austin. Glad you are joining us in your Camilo Special Edition GT!!

Chip

A word to the wise..... DPS recently put out new academy graduates on I-10 west area. They will stop you for anything. Especially if the stop is safe.

I have been stopped 3 times in 2 weeks. Twice for no front tag. Most recent was yesterday and they are thick from Stockton to Junction. Very polite kids but they have their orders.

Also I-10 is being re-paved from Ozona to Sonora.....not bad just a heads up. As to Junction area, both SO and DPS work I-10 hard.

See you in Austin.