Check out my new vehicle!

I think all you guys are going the wrong direction with brand new cars, excessive horsepower, and too many nanny gadgets. This vehicle solves all those issues ....:lol
1935 Morgan Super Sports - 40 HP, 50 ft of torque, 895 pounds. One wheel fewer, two brake actuators, hand throttle, and choke and advance managed by hand. Three speeds and reverse, no synchromesh (just another nanny gadget). Steering is quick, too - 3/4 of a turn lock to lock. And for those of you who think you need to lower your car, you also sit so low that you can put the palm of your hand flat on the ground.

Attachments

• P1100811Sm.jpg
    P1100811Sm.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 404
  • P1100832Sm.jpg
    P1100832Sm.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 403
  • P1100810Sm.jpg
    P1100810Sm.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
She's a beauty Vince

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
THAT is cool!!! Congrats.

Post a video please.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice Machine.
The Morgan 3 Wheelers are a hoot.
I have one of the new M3W's and love it.
See this post: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/28333-Another-gulf-edition-just-aquired

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well done. Any vintage racing in the future?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The grand daddy of the Polaris Slingshot...

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Those things are fun on the track.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
nice and interesting car. Could you possibly Write some words about driving feeling, I guess only very few of us had the Chance to drive on three wheels.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
David, add it to the list of things you need to give me a ride in next time I am out :) Looks fun!

nice and interesting car. Could you possibly Write some words about driving feeling, I guess only very few of us had the Chance to drive on three wheels.

Sure - after I've learned to drive it! My test drive was an adventure - when slowing down for a stop sign, you have to remember to close the throttle with your right hand while steering, pull on the rear brake lever with your left hand and step on the brake pedal simultaneously, having already shifted into neutral (downshifting is not easy owing to having to double clutch and the general recalcitrance of the gearbox to do what you want). Fortunately, the clutch is easy and engages gradually, so I had no problem starting off from a dead stop. There is a lot of torque, and I understand most folks just drive in 3rd unless going very slowly. Top speed is in the mid 70s, but acceleration is surprisingly quick, although having to double clutch slows things down. The shift pattern is a bit odd - first is on the right and back, second forward and to the left, and third back from second. However, reverse is straight forward from first, and there is no reverse lockout. It wouldn't be pretty to shift from first into reverse while moving ... Perhaps all of this is the reason why the cars came with a St. Christopher medallion on the dash!

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Sweet Dave. Enjoy. Missed you at the Rally.

Vince H

Thanks! We have every intention of being in Detroit for Rally X and look forward to seeing you there.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Beautiful car!!

Probably not ideal for today's Nor'easter.

I'm sure it never rains in Oregon.

With all that driving coordination, you should b able to kick ass with he GT on track days.

Enjoy!

The top

Hey, it's got a top and a tonneau cover! But no side windows, and you have to put the top up while you're in it and then you can't get out ...

Attachments

• Trike 2.jpg
    Trike 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 60

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
wow!

Ed

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I stand corrected. Pretty neat!

Visited a carriage museum here on the Cape the other day, and they had a buggy that had a receptacle to hold the support rod for a parasol, to protect occupants from sun/rain. Early/mid 1800's ? Clearly technology evolved significantly for the Morgan. Gotta figure that the Brits would know how to deal with the rain. Access, not so much.