Cars & Coffee @ Ford Event

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Well since the Irvine Company killed Crystal Cove, the nice folks at Ford have stepped up and given us a home! The event is open to all class of cars.

They are hosting us at the Irvine Ford Premier Automotive Group-Mazda Campus. The address is 7905 Gateway Blvd. Irvine, CA 92618. Saturday October 21 from 7:00am - 9:00am.

They will have available Starbucks Coffee and Bakery at the on-site Cafe.

I know that a guy by the name of Marc Greeley is looking for other locations similar to Crystal Cove (closer to the beach). His email is mgreeley@newportcustom.com if anyone has any ideas.

At least for now, we have a home. Thanks to our baby's creator....Ford!!!!

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
jsalomon said:
Well since the Irvine Company killed Crystal Cove, the nice folks at Ford have stepped up and given us a home! The event is open to all class of cars.

They are hosting us at the Irvine Ford Premier Automotive Group-Mazda Campus. The address is 7905 Gateway Blvd. Irvine, CA 92618. Saturday October 21 from 7:00am - 9:00am.

They will have available Starbucks Coffee and Bakery at the on-site Cafe.

I know that a guy by the name of Marc Greeley is looking for other locations similar to Crystal Cove (closer to the beach). His email is mgreeley@newportcustom.com if anyone has any ideas.

At least for now, we have a home. Thanks to our baby's creator....Ford!!!!

and if you'd want to end it with a bang I'd look into cruising out to the California Speedway (Fontana) for the Fun Ford Weekend event where they'll have an all Ford GT bracket(drag racing).

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
[/QUOTE]
what about at the saleen store at irvine spectrum?

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Very cool and very generous. I would love to make it next Sat. Anyone here definitely going?

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
I will be there this Saturday. The Saleen store is in the Irvine Spectrum which is also owned by the Irvine Company....Don't think they would like us there either. But Ford is just around the corner!

Remember, this not just for GT Owners, but for all types of cars. See you all there!

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Remember, this not just for GT Owners, but for all types of cars. See you all there![/QUOTE]
That is why I thought of Saleen.
Maybe a Porshe or Ferrari owner would not care to go to a Ford dealership.
But Saleen is kinda neutral.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
tmstunts#1233 said:
Very cool and very generous. I would love to make it next Sat. Anyone here definitely going?

I will be there. Randy

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
todd said:
Remember, this not just for GT Owners, but for all types of cars. See you all there!
That is why I thought of Saleen.
Maybe a Porshe or Ferrari owner would not care to go to a Ford dealership.
But Saleen is kinda neutral.[/QUOTE]

Guys this is not a dealership location. It is Ford's World Headquarters for the Premier Auto Group (Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mazada and Volvo).

While I realize that some car owners of other brands might not feel welcomed, I think most will realize that Ford has stepped up to host a great event for all car types....All for the simple love of the hobbie! My hat is off to Ford....Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Well, the nice folks at Ford Motor Company (in Dearborn) are inviting everyone to bring their GT's out to California Speedway on Saturday and/or Sunday (Oct. 21-22) also, to have some fun, either doing some drag racing or just hanging around laughing at those that do. And if you show up on Saturday, in the afternoon, John Mihovetz will lead you down the block to a go-kart track where you can race to your hearts content, on Accufab's nickle.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Cool, see you all there. :biggrin

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Well just got back from the first event hosted by Ford.....And what a turn out!!!!!!

Hundreds of amazing cars showed up. Probably over 10 GTs, nice to meet new GT owners. I always learn something new.

Ford was a great host. They had Starbucks and dounuts for sale and great facilities to show our cars (without having to worry about being too loud).

See you there next week!

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Well, just got home from the new C.C. show now at the Ford Design Center in Irvine. It looks to me like we are going to have a very large event here from now on. Many different makes and I think many more total cars than we've seen at C.C. Thanks to Ford for stepping up for this weekly event. Starbucks coffee, rolls etc. This is going to be really, really BIG.....See Ya next Sat. 7 to 9........George

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I had a nice time talking to everyone. Great event too!

I wish I could go to CA Speedway tomorrow and see some GT's do a 1/4 mile. But I'll be offroading with the local Porsche Club.

IMG_3640.jpg

13th day of ownership for my GT.

IMG_3590.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Other GT Owner's beautiful rides from today's event:

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

Frontal shot of my ride:

IMG_3589.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
All about the details...

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Looking forward to meeting more of you.

- Randy (Black '06 GT, no stripe)

Here are some neat details:

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

Beautiful rear end.

IMG_3606.jpg

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Randy, Thanks for the great pictures (and a pic of my Tungstun w/ the hood open!). They really show what a great event Ford put on in Irvine, CA.

Hope to meet more of you next week!!!!!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
jsalomon said:
Randy, Thanks for the great pictures (and a pic of my Tungstun w/ the hood open!). They really show what a great event Ford put on in Irvine, CA.

Hope to meet more of you next week!!!!!!!

Thanks J!

Glad that you enjoyed the pictures.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great pics Randy!

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Well here we go again. Sat. morning at Ford Design Center in Irvine Ca. 6am to 10am let's see all the local GTs in a line. I'll be there at 6:30 and try to save as many spots as I can. Let's line um up.....Youall come......Tomorrow 10/28/06 ...See Ya...George

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Midnite Blu said:
Well here we go again. Sat. morning at Ford Design Center in Irvine Ca. 6am to 10am let's see all the local GTs in a line. I'll be there at 6:30 and try to save as many spots as I can. Let's line um up.....Youall come......Tomorrow 10/28/06 ...See Ya...George

Can't go this weekend George, The car is at MMP getting "buffed out"