Carrol Shelby signature

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Question for all you GT500 guys. I thought the these cars came with a Shelby signed plate that gets mounted on the centre part of the dash between the AC vents. Is this correct ?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I have seen them on Shelby GT Mustangs, and I think on the Super Snake...Not sure about GT500's

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Question for all you GT500 guys. I thought the these cars came with a Shelby signed plate that gets mounted on the centre part of the dash between the AC vents. Is this correct ?

The GT500 does NOT come with the Shelby sig plaque - as Jason said above the only the Shelby GT has it. The plaque can be ordered here;
http://www.cscf.org/autograph.asp

cost is about $320 (including shipping) - takes about 3 months to get it once ordered.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
KMCBOSS Thx. I think you are correct. I did see the signature and now that you mentioned it,it was on a Mustang GT not the 500.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Shelby GT dash plaque.

Gentlemen,

Shelby Automobiles affixes a dash plaque to Mustangs converted into Shelby's at their Las Vegas facility. Carroll Shelby does not actually sign these dash plaques and his signature is an engraved facsimile. Each plaque contains the individual CSM (Carroll Shelby Mustang) number assigned to that car. Below is a photograph of the dash plaque on my Shelby GT CSM#07SGT0582. A similar plaque is affixed when a GT500 is converted into a Super Snake. Some time ago a forum member posted a photograph of the dash plaque he ordered from Shelby Automobiles for his GT500. From that photograph it appeared to have an actual signature from Mr. Shelby but it did not contain an engraved CSM number.

Chip

Attachments

• Shelby Dash.jpg
    Shelby Dash.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,279
Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
thx Chip.
nice pic.:thumbsup

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
The plaque that you order from Shelby for the 500 is signed by Carroll individually.

Here is a pic of one that you order with the sill plates for the 500. Chip is correct that these are not CNC'ed they appear to have the VIN stamped on them

The supersnake, 40th, Shelby GT and KR have different plaques that come with them

Matt

index.php

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The dash plaque for my GT500 has Mr. Shelbys signature and came with a certificate of authenticity.

Attachments

• DSC01523A.JPG
    DSC01523A.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,355

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
The dash plaque for my GT500 has Mr. Shelbys signature and came with a certificate of authenticity.

I also received a dash plaque for my GT500 actualy signed by CS. The plaque also has the vin number of the car... and a certificate as you see here.

I have 2 H cars, FB and a Vert.....those have the facsimili plaque (made of plastic) with the CSM number, and a stamping of CS's signature.

Gino

P.S. since CS does not sign cars anymore......I would suggest removing what ever you guys decide for him to sign on your GT's in September. I had my leather manual signed by CS and it looks awsum......

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
KMCBOSS does that mean you ordered the actual dash plaque signed by CS from his foundation or did you get a dash plaque and send it to him for signature?
:cheers

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
KMCBOSS does that mean you ordered the actual dash plaque signed by CS from his foundation or did you get a dash plaque and send it to him for signature?
:cheers

The actual plaque is ordered from CS in Vegas. The package is about $300.00 plus shipping. The same package is available for the H cars, but stamped with CS's signature,(since the plaques on H cars are plastic, the replacements are metal)

Gino

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The actual plaque is ordered from CS in Vegas. The package is about $300.00 plus shipping. The same package is available for the H cars, but stamped with CS's signature,(since the plaques on H cars are plastic, the replacements are metal)

Gino

In addition to the signed dash plaque, you get 2 door sills that have SHELBY ingraved to replace the SVT sills.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Thx for the info guys.:thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I just purcahsed a dash plaque that is not a fascimile from Shelby online. It takes 8 weeks to get it and they stamp it with your vin #

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just purcahsed a dash plaque that is not a fascimile from Shelby online. It takes 8 weeks to get it and they stamp it with your vin #

You have my attention! Can you post pics and any other info for your GT brothers?:thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Here is the one I got for my GT500. It is actually signed by CS.

attachment.php

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
You have my attention! Can you post pics and any other info for your GT brothers?:thumbsup

It's for sale at the Shelby site:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100514 Dash plaque and sill plate kit.aspx