Carbon Fiber Double Din and Short Throw Shiter Installed

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
After months of trying and trying to get the Carbon Fiber Double Din perfect, Mark at M2K Motorsports sent me an email telling me the DD was ready. I received the expertly packaged DD a day later and was too afraid to unwrap it to check it out because there was no way I would be able to get it wrapped back up. Mark had a lot of patience answering a weekly email from me asking if it was ready too. Thanks Mark!

I purchased a Pioneer avic-8201nex and license plate mounted camera.

I worked with Paul and Chris at Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano, to get the install done. They also installed a short throw shifter which everyone says is their favorite mod.

FUBAR also helped me make the appropriate tire selection as I needed to replace all four tires. Thanks to a form member (think it was Texas Mongrel) for posting about Simple Tire, I used them and the price was right and shipping was fast. I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 345/35R-19 ($396.98 per tire) and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 265/40R-18 ($299.98 per tire). Tires are mounted on optional BBS wheels with lowering perches installed a few years ago by Shelby at Elite Autos.

I do not have the car back yet because I had them look at the AC condenser and they found it to be leaking. We ordered a new condenser and dryer and should have the parts this week. I can't wait to get it back and see how it all works, although I will need the heat and not the AC.

Want to thank everyone on the forum who helped answer my questions, give me advice and post recommendations on sourcing products.

CF DD in unit installed0.jpg

back up camera working.jpg

DD flip down.jpg

DD install pic 3.jpg

DD install pic2.jpg

pass side view of DD.jpg

glove box USB.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Great job. While I don't have all of the CF that you have, it reminds me that my CF dash and binnacle are likely my favorite aesthetic mods!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Holy cow that's gorgeous! You'll love the new shifter.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Thank you. I am so excited to feel how the shifting is different.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Wow! Looks awesome, Jack!!

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Thanks JW! Happy New Year.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Beautiful sir

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Jack:

So glad you got everything installed and looking good. Car is looking great with all the carbon accents. Appreciate your patience on this carbon DIN and here is to a great 2018!!!

Mark Heidaker
M2K Motorsports
281-346-8114