Car covers

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
My detailer suggested I upgrade from OEM as he felt it may be contributing to the swirl marks so I ended up getting one from California car covers.
hete8a4u.jpg

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
I do not use covers if the cars are parked in a climate controlled garage! I think no matter how clean the car is the covers scratch and ware on the paint. Just my two cents

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I do not use covers if the cars are parked in a climate controlled garage! I think no matter how clean the car is the covers scratch and ware on the paint. Just my two cents

My garage is kept at 78 degrees but I'm not letting dust collect on the cars. If you get the right cover there won't be any scratching

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Cal Customweave, Ernie? I have the same one.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Cover

I use a car cover in my garage.I find it just keeps it dust free

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 542

NavyVet

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I bought 2 Customweave covers, one for my 91 Testarossa and one for my GT. Nice material, but the TR cover had mirror packets cut wrong and way over size. Stitching on both was poorly done with wrinkles. For over $350 each, I expect more. I sent them back and I am continuing to look for a cover of the same quality of these cars.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Cal Customweave, Ernie? I have the same one.

Yes Ed.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The OEM cover stitching thread has like a wax residue

When I put it on 1 day old GT it left this on paint; after minor coronary I switched to old school tan flannel

Covercraft is best vendor of Tan flannel

Fit is perfect; stitching excellent; elastic is thick; and have washed in commercial drums 5 times.

http://www.carcoversdirect.com/parts/covers/cars/151370/materials/321

Inside is like my GFs PJs...which are never on :banana; similar to my GT cover on shelf when using!

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I use two covers. The bottom one is a soft cloth cover and it is covered by a more plastic type cover. I carefully roll them off together and clean the car off before puting them back on. The plastic cover keeps dirt from getting on and working through the soft cloth cover. The GT likes the feel of the soft cover I think. I know I would.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just because a fabric FEELS soft does not mean it will not scratch. I would never use flannel towels to dust or clean the GT, the smallest particles of dust and dirt will turn flannel into sandpaper.

The only time I use a car cover is when I have to keep the GT outside overnight, like at the Keels n Wheels show. For that, the OEM cover is one of the few breathable fabrics that is also water proof. Its a pretty high tech fabric (Weathertech) , don't be so quick to write it off because its OEM.

I have had very poor luck with the Evolution fabric covers over the years, they just do not hold up.

Besides, if your GT has a dust problem in your garage, you are not driving it enough! Take it out and blow the dust off.

Last edited:

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
No kids around my house to scratch cars. They are all grown and gone. So, I prefer to see my cars everyday and don't cover them in their climate controlled garage. I try to blow the dust off regularly, driving them! Buy a GT coffee table, if you don't really want to drive them...lol. Keith.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
I use a car cover in my garage.I find it just keeps it dust free
Are those spare GT seats in the corner?

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I like the idea of two king size sheets, high count Egyptian cotton of course.

HPGT

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2012
Little Rock, AR
I like the idea of two king size sheets, high count Egyptian cotton of course.

nothing beats a clean cotton bed sheet

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
My detailer suggested I upgrade from OEM as he felt it may be contributing to the swirl marks so I ended up getting one from California car covers.
hete8a4u.jpg

Whose lift is that in your garage ?

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Bendpak single post. Has its pros and cons

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I have been using the Satin Stretch covers from Cover King. Fits perfectly to every curve on the car and is truly automotive lingerie :eek
http://www.coverking.com/custom-car-covers/indoor-satin-stretch-car-cover.html

Last edited:

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I just got my custom Satin Stretch red with white stripes Cover King car cover in today. I love the material...it's pretty plush and has a sheen to give it a high end look. However, I am not pleased with the fit. It only covers the painted area not the entire bottom of the car (rear diffuser, front valence). The seams don't line up perfectly either. I called Cover King and they said this is a pattern and they can't customize length. I will keep working on them. Aside from that, the material is fantastic. Very plush.

Attachments

• Cover.JPG
    Cover.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Rear- bottom.JPG
    Rear- bottom.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 126

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just got my custom Satin Stretch red with white stripes Cover King car cover in today. I love the material...it's pretty plush and has a sheen to give it a high end look. However, I am not pleased with the fit. It only covers the painted area not the entire bottom of the car (rear diffuser, front valence). The seams don't line up perfectly either. I called Cover King and they said this is a pattern and they can't customize length. I will keep working on them. Aside from that, the material is fantastic. Very plush.
Love the look of it! I bet Dr Frank is getting wood over it !

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Love the look of it! I bet Dr Frank is getting wood over it !

Yep - over the car he lost in the Cards/Bosox bet - :lol