Can the Factory Car Cover be washed

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Before I do something stupid, I should ask other forum members if the Factory Car Cover can be washed. It is not like many polycotton covers, as it has a "plasticlike" outer finish. I could not find any care instructions in the Cover Bag, on the Cover itself or in the Owners Manual. Hopefully another member has already blazed this trail and will share their knowledge.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Its made by Covercraft

Maybe see thir website for similar fabrics

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks to Kayan, I checked the Covercraft website, and I believe we have a "Reflec-tect" style cover. We were able to wash it in a machine with no agitator using warm water and Tide detergent on the "delicate" setting using "low spin". We dried the cover in the dryer for about 10 minutes on "low heat" and then let it air dry completely. Came out great.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thanks to Kayan, I checked the Covercraft website, and I believe we have a "Reflec-tect" style cover. We were able to wash it in a machine with no agitator using warm water and Tide detergent on the "delicate" setting using "low spin". We dried the cover in the dryer for about 10 minutes on "low heat" and then let it air dry completely. Came out great.

Thanks, good info to know.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Thanks, good info to know.

:agree:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Im know my laundry, cooking, man-cave decorating.....but I'm still a He-Man as my Avatar would attest

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Im know my laundry, cooking, man-cave decorating.....but I'm still a He-Man as my Avatar would attest
And my hero

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sorry for recent dry-spell

Promising leads underway...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 96

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey she isn't blonde and that looks like a stock photo. Are you losing your touch?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Actually, kicking it up a notch

She's a signed model -- Ford Modeling agency no less

Will be draped on GT this weekend for pics to keep it real

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 91