Can someone tell me why this car is stuck in re-listville?

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY

I am just wondering why this car has not sold yet? I have been high bidder on a few cars on ebay and never met the reserve. This must mean that 05 and 06 FTG's have too high of a reserve? Not enough interest? (take 2 to drive the price up). Or something?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Cars of this exclusivity have a limited number of buyers at any one time, that doesn’t mean the seller has his reserve too high, but rather a prospective buyer and seller have not had a “meeting of the minds.” If your serious about buying a car on eBay, message the seller and start a dialogue. You will quickly find out if a deal is reachable. I have bought several cars on eBay this way. The only way eBay reflects anything close to an equilibrium is when an auction is no reserve with a reasonably low opening bid and several days exposure to the market. I often watch cars selling in this manner as I feel that the final bid price is relevant to it’s market value.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The difference between "want to sell" and "have to sell".

Reactions: Special K

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've heard that some people or dealers attempt to use eBay as a listing service, but don't actually complete the tranactions over eBay, particularly with respect to motor vehicles.
Possibly in an attempt to avoid eBay fees? I'm not sure, as I have never personally bought, sold, nor listed an automobile on eBay. But possibly something to consider. Easy to just pick up the phone or contact the other party and start the discussion, as suggested above.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I looked at this car over a year ago. The owners said they turned down $285K. That was enough for me to lose interest.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
WOW, guess thats why its stuck in re-listville.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Isnt it obvious? A car that never sells, is priced beyond what the market will pay.

Reactions: Special K

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Question, would I need a PPI if I am buying from a dealer that sells many FGT's?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Depends on the dealer.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Without naming anyone bad or good in public, can you give me a few places that are good and bad? PM please.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Call Shelby or Marvin Rose and buy a car....

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...