Can anyone help me with placing a deposit?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Dave, I think the car is absoutely fabulous!! I just think that history will determine what is done about this car. You know FAR more than we mere mortals about this car!! However, if it is as low of production and priced accordingly, the "average" Joe can't afford one and the people who can will park them and drive them a few hundred miles per year. I bet there is not an Enzo out there with 30k miles. I just think with the way the current low mileage cars are bringing premium prices, this car will not be "driven" but babied!! Money talks...BS walks. People are going to buy this car....drive it sparringly knowing it will appreciate in value. I so hope I am wrong and we have people like Jeff with 50K plus miles on one. I doubt it.......anyone want to bet a case of beer (your choice)?

The bolded statement MAY be true regarding not driving the new FGT however, I don't think it will be motivated by appreciation. If the new car is priced anywhere near the concensus $400k +/- anyone with that kind of disposable cash won't give a rat's ass about appreciation. IMO, limited driving will be based more on a desire to keep it looking and smelling new, as opposed to making money.

usmafred

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have 2 mill cash in hand and would pay 40k over window per unit for as many of them as 2 mill will buy if anyone finds lead on dealer allocation.

This is great... I'm sure Ford will be jumping up and down trying to make a deal with you after you post this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvader View Post
Who in their right mind would trader their 05 06 GT for the new one, the new one is beautiful on the outside, BUT....Look at the horrible interior, V6...BORING...Auto Gearbox...BORING and not including how costly it will be to replace, the fact that you can bolt on a few mods to the current model and still blow the doors off the new one sucks rooster!

Now all of the sudden you want to buy $2,000,000 worth :)

Last edited:

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
This is great... I'm sure Ford will be jumping up and down trying to make a deal with you after you pist this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvader View Post
Who in their right mind would trader their 05 06 GT for the new one, the new one is beautiful on the outside, BUT....Look at the horrible interior, V6...BORING...Auto Gearbox...BORING and not including how costly it will be to replace, the fact that you can bolt on a few mods to the current model and still blow the doors off the new one sucks rooster!

Now all of the sudden you want to buy $2,000,000 worth :)

Hope u wonderful creatures of god have a excellent week :)

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
People tend to Brag a bit....Let's see that 2 million cash in hand....I call BS

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm not doubting he has it just the way he went about it seemed a bit odd... many GT owners here on the Forum would love to add the Phoenix to their garages... but to come out and say they want more than one and would be willing to pay 40k over msrp after putting the car down just seemed a bit off the wall. It was evident he wants to buy them to turn a profit... that's fine I guess but it would be great if those of us that want one to actuall keep and drive would get a crack at them before the flippers get their hands on them.