Bridgestone Tires

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx
I am trying to find some new Bridgestone tires to replace my old ones. I was told by a tire dealer that Bridgestone does a production run once a year for the correct sizes. Anyone have any information on these or suggestions? From reading the comments on tires I do not want to go with the Goodyears.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Did you try the Tire Rack? They have the rear available starting 1/25/19, not sure about the front tires availability, here are your sizes on the Bridgestone:

Rear: Bridgestone RE050A Potenza Scuderia 345/35R19

Front: Bridgestone RE050A Potenza (Porsche N1) 265/40R18

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx
Did you try the Tire Rack? They have the rear available starting 1/25/19, not sure about the front tires availability, here are your sizes on the Bridgestone:

I looked on Tire rack website and they show no tires of any kind available. I am hesitant to buy just one size with rear with no fronts available. Thanks for your reply and info.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Larry, the Bridgestone Tires that Junior listed ARE the tires sizes that we recommend and put on virtually every GT needing tires that comes through the shop. The rears seem to be in short supply, but the fronts are readily available.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you went to a Bridgestone dealer, it is no surprise. I went years ago and they acted like I was crazy. Get them mail order drop shipped. Find a good ride shop. Talk to Silverbullitt or Chris for where.

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx
Larry, the Bridgestone Tires that Junior listed ARE the tires sizes that we recommend and put on virtually every GT needing tires that comes through the shop. The rears seem to be in short supply, but the fronts are readily available.

Thanks. I was not questioning the size Junior told me, I am sure he was correct. I was trying to locate the tires. I appreciate your help.
Larry

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx
Thanks I will do that.

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx

I checked Amazon and they actually had them but could not verify the date. I actually ordered tires yesterday from Discount tire. I was really surprised they had them at all and with a date of 2018 or 2017. Thanks for all the help.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I checked Amazon and they actually had them but could not verify the date. I actually ordered tires yesterday from Discount tire. I was really surprised they had them at all and with a date of 2018 or 2017. Thanks for all the help.

The prices were higher than when I checked initially but for the price and free shipping with prime if they weren't fresh you can just return them.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
date codes can become a real issue. most of the bigger tire suppliers will not guarantee fresh date codes. they think we're all nuts for asking. I had a deal put together for a trailer load of Bridgestones a couple years ago but I got cold feet because of the no guarantee of fresh date codes. glad I didn't because I could have ended up with some old junk that nobody would buy. also, when searching for tires, you have to use both model names of Potenza and Scuderia to get results. both Bridgestones but you may end up with 2 of each model on your car to obtain the desired size. I've done it several times with great success.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
A high volume tire dealer, Discount Tire, in the Southwest won't mount a new tire with a 3 year or older date code.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
A high volume tire dealer, Discount Tire, in the Southwest won't mount a new tire with a 3 year or older date code.

Nor will they (at least at one store in Vegas) balance or rotate tires/wheels with said tires. (The tires on my truck simply refuse to die, and they are well over 3 years old but show no signs of aging which is surprising for a vehicle that is an outside cat.)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Not always the case. I talked a friend of mine into changing out his four year old tires on his GT500 for new ones. He went to Discount Tire and they put on 3 (7 year old tires) and 1 (8 year old tire). He has been trying to get a replacement set for several months now but the manager of the store said the tire manufacturer won’t do anything about it. As of yesterday it was not resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
A 2 hours drive South from where I am and they'll mount any tire on any wheel for less than $5/tire :lol:lol:lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Kind of a double edged sword for tire manufacturers and dealers.

First they have a campaign to get old tires out of use, largely based on age, and now they want us to ignore age when they're trying to pass off old stock to new buyers.

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx

I have been discussing dates and size and exact model with Discount to get the right model. My question is will the rear tires say Scuderia on the tire?
They are telling me Bridgestone has only one tire with that size.

larryb512

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 2, 2016
Austin Tx

It also looks like there may be a difference between a RE050A and a RE050 ?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes they have Scuderia imprinted on the sidewall of the back tire. The A matches the tread pattern of the two tires. You must specify the N1. The rear is for the Enzo only. It just happens to fit our rear wheel with not much difference in diameter.

Reactions: jammer